+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    SpringRain - It's ok with me if you want to discuss other ways of adding to your family. I think for some women it will be helpful to know that there other options out there that they may not have considered yet. We are not going to add to our family in any other way (I'm working on DH to get a cat!). DH is not keen on egg donation, and as we are not Aus citizens (from UK) we ca't adopt, although the time frame for it is also off putting. I think for me too, getting to a point where I feel ok about not pursuing other ways of adding to our family is progress. There was a time I just didn't know how I would cope with the idea that DS would be my only child. Now my thoughts are more about ow to make this a positive experience for him so something is shifting for me.

how is everyone else going? Hope you're all well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in the same situation we conceived ds naturally and he is 2 now but now oh has been diagnosed with MFI. Now we have a choice of starting IVF or play the waiting game.

A lot of people ask me why I do not have another and I just smile it off but if only people knew what my situation was.

I also come from a large family who are all in England and I really want a sibling for my DS as he is all on his own I do not think I would have been as bothered in England as he would have had loads of cousins to play with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and welcome salma77! Best wishes with making the right decision for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello everyone.

I am not doing IVF yet but I am on clomid for one last go!

I am 35 and I have a DD who will soon be 9. We conceived naturally with her after only 3 months and started trying for another when she was 14 months.
    So almost 7.5 years with only 2 pregnancies in this whole time.
    One diagnosed as a blighted ovum and the other possible ectopic!

All I have ever wanted is another child, a sibling for DD.
    I never imagined it would or could be this hard.

We have no real diagnosis. DH swimmers are ok. 4% morphology so now fantastic but not awful.
    But since 2007 my AMH has gone from 10.7 down to 2

Hoping that the clomid will work.
    I had gastric bypass surgery last August and have lost 37kg so I am praying that the clomid and weight loss will be the miracle we need.

XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Salma77 - Welcome to the thread. Seems like we are very similar. We are also from the UK and having no family here makes it harder I think. I often think that if we were back in the UK DS would have his cousins to grow up with and it might be easier not having a second. Don't get me wrong, the hurt would still be there but at least he would have the opportunity to form that close bond with his cousins. He loves talking to them on Skype. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mysticme - Hello and welcome. So sorry to hear that you have been going through such a difficult time. I really hope that this is your lucky last time with clomid. How far along are you in your cycle? Keep us updated. I have everything crossed that this month will be the one that brings you your miracle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Feet View Post
    mysticme - Hello and welcome. So sorry to hear that you have been going through such a difficult time. I really hope that this is your lucky last time with clomid. How far along are you in your cycle? Keep us updated. I have everything crossed that this month will be the one that brings you your miracle.
    Currently CD20
    Blood test tomorrow to see if I ovulated.
    My cycles were only 24 days so I was not ovulating. Lets hope the clomid does the job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies how is everyone going?

Just a quick note that I started acupuncture yesterday as any more talk of IVF in this house will lead to more fighting :-( so I am going to try some other methods of hopefully falling pregnant.

Luckily I am on Cd 5 fingers crossed I can ovulate with the help of acupuncture and the natural herbs/vitamins she gave me. At this stage I will give anything a go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Siesmum - I'd love to hear how you get on with acupuncture! I am considering it as an add on to my treatment too.

Little Feet - thanks for agreeing to me talking about my other ways. I'm open to international adoption, it was something DH and I discussed even before we had DD, as we are mixed ethnicity. When I just felt something wasn't right after a couple of months TTC last year, we applied to our state DHS early last year and had a phone interview with a caseworker about a year ago in which we were told we'd make great prospective adoptive parents. Then we were told we'd have to attend a seminar to formally submit our application - there hasn't been one in nearly a year so not sure where that leaves that.

I'd be completely fine with donor eggs or sperm, but DH hasn't quite got his head around that, which is a bit odd to me since he is enthusiastic about adoption. The only issue would be finding donors like our background. At this stage the FS says we don't need to think about this as my AMH is quite good, but I've thought about it anyway.

I'm glad to hear you are coming/have come to terms with your situation.

Hope everyone else is having a good week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by April78 View Post
    So excited that I have found a thread that I "fit" in. I still read the old IVF threads I was in but it is a bit tough when you see most people graduating and getting there BFP - makes feel like the only kid in the class that failed.
    My background as I have deleted my signature as it was quiet depressing to re-read it all the time.
    Me 35 DH 39 nearly 40 – we have a beautiful DS nearly 7 conceived naturally very easily. Eventually fell pregnant again nearly 2 years later. That was ectopic and I lost my left tube.
    We went to a FS after that and tried some tracking, IUI than went to IVF. 5 EPU’s and 13 transfers of 18 embryo’s with various protocols even PGD. No success – not one BFP!! January this year was our last go it’s been hard to “give up” but I knew the day would come eventually. Our cut off was DH turning 40 – he is 40 in Oct.
    I originally thought we were one of those incredibly fertile couples after conceiving DS – than when we went to IVF thought how can it not work I’ve been pregnant twice. Yep secondary infertility sucks!!
    I’m still crazily hoping for another natural miracle – but the realist in me knows that is almost impossible especially with DH working 4 weeks on 1 off.
    Welcome April,
    Thanks for sharing your journey. I'm a fellow "single tuber" too lol!
    i'm most certainly hoping for a crazy natural miracle as well
    xx