+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have never had an elective cesarean, but I did have a VBAC. For me the birthing experience was important. I guess your friend will really need to examine how important it is for her. Every woman is different. I know that I would have regretted an elective cesarean, and that is why I worked so hard for my VBAC. If it is simply out of fear, I would suggest that maybe she looks into the real risks of both VBAC and repeat cesarean.... It would suck if she regretted it because she wasn't fully informed and chose a repeat cesarean out of fear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had two c-sections (purely elective) and no I do not regret my choice at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an emergency C section after induction failed to progress and baby being distress. Once she was out the doc said there was no way she would have made it through my pelvis (it's an odd shape) and that I should have a section every time.

I know this time the odds are that I'm going to have a section but my OB is willing to schedule it as late as possible to give me the chance to at least experience going into labour naturally and get that hormone surge for breastfeeding.

I'm happy to miss out on the vaginal delivery though. There is no way that would happen for me without serious mutilation of my bits (purely because they way i am constructed 'down there'). The thought terrifies me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had an emergency then an elective, I don't feel I missed out. I don't regret it. I did a little to begin to be completely honest but I think mainly because of silly comments along the lines of "you have no idea what birthing a baby is like" & "you took the easy way out"

But now no I am happy that my kidlets came into the world healthy and happy and in the end that's what matters most not how the were birthed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for your replies.... That's good to hear you didn't regret it. I will pass it on to my friend... It will hopefully give her a bit more confidence in her decision.