+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Blossum at Ipswich the birthing suites are very seperate from maternity. I know with women who are induced they leave them to labour in maternity until they're 5cm dilated then move them to birthing. I don't think theres private rooms there though so I can't imagine they'd make you give birth with other patients in the room!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (29-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    My sil went to at George private and shared a room with 3 other women!
    I don't know how this is even possible.. i just did the maternity ward tour at st george private and every single room is a private room.. no idea how they would put 4 beds in there!

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I went public with DD and had a private room but shared a bathroom (with a PP! Haha)

This time I'll be going private, the hospital I'm birthing at doesn't have shared rooms

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I stayed for 4 days and Shared the room for maybe 2 nights. Her baby cried a lot but it didn't really bother me that much at all.

Im so glad i didnt share the day after my c-sect, I would have been the PITA neighbour because all my and FOBs friends decided to visit alllll daaaaay loooong. Family I didn't mind but I had friends coming from crack of dawn til 9pm at night. I would have felt so terrible had I had someone next to me.

My poor sis had her baby 2 weeks ago and shared. The lady next to her spoke so loud. Phone constantly going off because she wouldn't put it on silent. She'd talk with her phone on loudspeaker in the room and while pacing the halls. Her kids came to visit and ran everywhere through the room. My sister couldn't wait to get out of there!!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I went public (and to a prev poster, I paid nothing for my elec c/s) and because it was a multi birth, I got a private room. The only one on the ward, usually reserved for multi's. It was awesome.

I'm going public again, and I am just hoping that not many babies are due at the same time as me. We've moved since our boys were born to a smaller town with a much smaller hospital, and as far as I am aware there are no private rooms here. So I get a really good roomie, or no one at all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my cs about 3 weeks ago. I shared a room from the first day. I don't mind sharing but I ended up going home early because I was so paranoid about my baby keeping my neighbor awake that I couldn't sleep. I found that every time mine got to sleep, hers would cry and wake him up, and the same in reverse happened.
    I got my first decent nights sleep the night I got home, and that's was even with my Bub waking me up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    I stayed for 4 days and Shared the room for maybe 2 nights. Her baby cried a lot but it didn't really bother me that much at all.

Im so glad i didnt share the day after my c-sect, I would have been the PITA neighbour because all my and FOBs friends decided to visit alllll daaaaay loooong. Family I didn't mind but I had friends coming from crack of dawn til 9pm at night. I would have felt so terrible had I had someone next to me.

My poor sis had her baby 2 weeks ago and shared. The lady next to her spoke so loud. Phone constantly going off because she wouldn't put it on silent. She'd talk with her phone on loudspeaker in the room and while pacing the halls. Her kids came to visit and ran everywhere through the room. My sister couldn't wait to get out of there!!
    Some people are so inconsiderate! Prior to my cs I was admitted due to high blood pressure and they put me in a 4 share room in maternity. There were 2 other women, one was in labour but had her young son with her, the other had her young daughter with her too. They were there during rest period and between the kids running riot and the lady in labour screaming I'm quite sure my blood pressure would have come down a lot quicker if they'd just let me go home! And the one with the young daughter had friends stay until 10pm even though visiting hours finished at 8. Man I was glad when they let me go home lol

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went private and had my own room. But I had a screamer and she had terrible mucous so she and I barely slept. I am like you op I can't justify the cost again just for a single room. I also will go public due to being high risk. I am really not keen on sharing a room after reading some of these comments and I too don't want to disturb others. I wonder how I will be able to get my single room. Hmmm....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have decided that I don't want any visitors while in hospital as I thought it would be awkward trying to learn to breastfeed etc with people around. I haven't even considered sharing and having strangers encroach on my space. I am getting really nervous now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Public both times, no real probs with room sharing though the noise can be annoying. One of the nights I was in with DD2 i shared with a lady in pre-labour, poor thing was moaning all night- not restful for anyone!
    Have I missed something VP- are you UTD??