+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    That awkward moment when I realise I have given away too much info about myself over the years.
    Not a stalker, I promise...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went private so had my own room...
    But my SIL went public with her first (was regional and no private option) no problems. With her second public, but was in perth. She had to share with the woman for 4 days, and the baby did not stop crying! (I feel sorry for the other lady having a baby crying that much) but still was hard for my sil with someone else's baby crying 24/7... She's utd with her 3rd and is going private this times, due to the exp with the 2nd bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrusRain View Post
    . I would pay the $500 for a private room any day!
    Unfortunately for me $500 is just the phi excess. Add to that $4,500 obstetrician planning fee + $2,500 in other costs (ultrasounds, check ups etc) and its a rip off.

If you could get a private room without having a private obstetrician, I would do that. Can't though unfortunately...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Faaarrrrrr out. I don't know if I could handle this. How do you take a leak down the hallway when your baby is the crib? I like to take my time...
    I had to wheel him everywhere with me - toilet, shower, kitchen .... it was odd but I wouldn't leave him for anything

he got used to it lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Firs time round I was a private patient at public hospital. I didn't get my own room until the day after DS was born so I spent the first night in a ward with 3 other ladies. It was horrible. 1 lady snored, 1 was sobbing half the night and the other was being wheeled up to special care nursery every few hours so it was quite disrupting. I had a c section and due to blood loss wasn't allowed out of bed until 2 days after bub was born so because I couldn't get up to bub (and they wouldn't let hubby stay the first night cos I didn't have my own room) they had to take bub and just bring him back for feeds.

Was relieved to get my own room the next day. It did have a shared bathroom but just with 1 other person so it was ok.

Second time round I went private. Own room, double bed, ensuite. Bliss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD1 I went public. The lady in the bed next to me had her older child with her in the room all day! The child kept kicking my DD's bassinet through the curtain, waking her up, and the mother was continually telling him off.

Went private with DD2 and had a great experience....will definitely be going private again this time around with bub#3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I shared with 3 women for 2 nights.

I knew what I was in for so it held no surprises. The midwives are excellent at my local public and I would be quite happy to go public again.

Unfortunately one lady who had her baby later on in the day obviously felt a sense of entitlement and was very dissatisfied with the hospital and lack of private rooms. She yelled and argued withstaff till 1230 at night. She wrecked it for others in the ward but that's life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've gone private both times and got single rooms both times. When I went in with false labour (thought it was the real thing) I was put in a single room without an ensuite - the bathroom was outside the room & shared with the room next door - separate room for the shower & the toilet/sink. It was horrid really. So different to an ensuite cause you had to take everything in with you each time/etc. I couldn't wait to get home (labour stopped at midnight, but they kept me overnight as they thought I could quickly progress ... I didn't!).

I suppose it depends how long you are in hospital. My ds (#1) was in SCN for 8 days, so I stayed 4 nights. I had some complications so it was great to have the midwives there and to be close to my bubba. With #2 my dd had low sugars and a broken collar bone, then got horrid conjunctivitis (really bad) so I was glad to have the support during our 4 day stay. But, apart from the medical stuff I really wished I'd been home. If I'd gone public they would have probably sent us home at the 48 hour mark ... but that's still a long time in a shared room with an unsettled bub (she screamed all night for the whole hospital stay).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a private room both times (i went public). With ds2 i had to share a bathroom with the lady in an adjoining room though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went public and got my own room, with double bed and ensuite. It was lovely.