+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a two share room with DS in public system. I did get stuck with one lady who's partner was horribly abusive and degrading. We complained to the middies about his language and they moved her after a day or perhaps she was discharged- not sure

After that the next lady was lovely. No issues at all. We were both fairly considerate etc. I spent 5days in hospital after a Csection.

If you have a natural complication free delivery and healthy bubs the public system in qld likes you to spend as little time as possible in the ward. Usually. 1-2days. It's alot shorter than it used to be. But I actually would prefer to be home sooner and not have to share rooms etc.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Bumping for Missy RJ.

Btw guys I decided to try public. The thought of spending sooooo much going private again ... Just couldn't do it. Thanks for all your input.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

kw123  (26-08-2013),MrsSS  (26-08-2013)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Did I miss the 'VP is UTD' thread?? Congrats

I went private both times so can't comment on sharing personally - although friend have horror stories.

Where are you based VP? Because in Melb there are several public hospitals that have single rooms now, I know one that offers all single rooms for maternity which my sister is using this year.

Also...you can actually find a GP who is willing to manage your pregnancy and then just book you as a private patient for the hospital stay. So you don't *have* to pay the ridiculous management fee. A bit of stuffing around but worth it if you want to go private.
    Sorry to dig up an old thread. I was researching OB recs for a friend that wants to go at FPH and your post caught my eye @Pesca77.

What's the deal with going private with a GP? Can you pretty please share more of your wisdom maybe via pm?
    I'm zoned with the Melbourne RWH and I doubt I could pay for a private room but if I could that would be fantastic!!!