+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    I went public and kept getting women who snored like freight trains or one totally clueless mother who didnt feed her baby all night and just kept shh shh shhing the baby who was screaming the entire time. Eugh. And the nurse would come in and ask her if everyone was ok or if she needed help and the dingbat would say "no everything is fine"

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*
    Didnt someone suggest feeding the baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Shell Somer View Post
    I had a young girl with 5 kids who visited and opened the curtain all the time,

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    I don't think I could have kept quiet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    I went public and kept getting women who snored like freight trains or one totally clueless mother who didnt feed her baby all night and just kept shh shh shhing the baby who was screaming the entire time. Eugh. And the nurse would come in and ask her if everyone was ok or if she needed help and the dingbat would say "no everything is fine"

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*
    Aww that poor bubba

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I went public with my 4.
    With DS1 I had my own room.. It was great with him being my first and all. I got to relax and recover from my c-section without much trouble.. Had waaayyy too many visitors though that didn't seem to think I could get tired as I hadn't had a baby 'properly'! lol. Nice.

With DS2 I shared with a few awesome girls who let me look after their babies! lol. I was in there for 3 days before having my bub due to my waters breaking early. These girls had had c-sections and couldn't get up so I got to pass their bubs to them and change them.. Loved it, I was hanging for my bub to come so bad!!

DD - shared again. No issues, met a girl that I still chat to.

With DS3, I shared, but man it was tough! DS3 was in the SCN so I was in the room alone for 7 nights. In this time, I had 2 separate women moaning and crying all night in pre-labour. One seriously screamed like she was being killed whenever she was examined. I was a mess, not having my bub with me, and all I wanted to do was fold her bed in half to shut her up!! (Hope she and bub are doing well now though!!).

There was another girl who had her baby in the room and every time it cried, so did I. Really sucks when bub isn't in sharing with you..

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    you would think so, it was my first night after a late arvo c section so i couldnt get out of bed, i kept saying 'yoo hoo, excuse me etc' but all the curtains were shut and it fell on deaf ears, i was gonna say ffs feed the kid!

by the morning the new nurse had come in and said 'how did you go through the night' and she said 'fine' and she said how many feeds over night?' the lady said 'none?' the nurse said 'she must have been exhausted from the birth, give her a feed now'

oh lordy..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by oozzle View Post
    With DS3, I shared, but man it was tough! DS3 was in the SCN so I was in the room alone for 7 nights. In this time, I had 2 separate women moaning and crying all night in pre-labour. One seriously screamed like she was being killed whenever she was examined. I was a mess, not having my bub with me, and all I wanted to do was fold her bed in half to shut her up!! (Hope she and bub are doing well now though!!).

There was another girl who had her baby in the room and every time it cried, so did I. Really sucks when bub isn't in sharing with you..
    That would have been awful

I had a premmie in NICU for the duration of my stay - I was so thankful that I was allowed to stay in the antenatal ward instead of having to stay with all the mums and babies in the postnatal ward.

The last night of my stay I had to transfer down to the postnatal ward (they needed the bed in the antenatal), but thankfully I got a private room.

It's difficult being around other mums and babies when you are unable to be close to your own.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I don't think I could have kept quiet...
    It was difficult, I would just make it really obvious when I closed the curtain again and again.....

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Same! Royal Women's in Melbourne. Way nicer than Francis Perry next door and St Vincent's (at least the rooms I saw my friends in)
    St V just did an update of their rooms. I felt like I was staying in a hotel while RWH won't let you forget you are in a hospital IYKWIM

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was public with all 3 of mine but only 1 was a shared room (DD2 home after 4hrs so no admission to mat ward; DS1 single room overnight).

DD1 was a shared room and it worked out great because she'd had a c-section and needed someone to move her bub out the way quickly if she was going to upchuck; and I'd just had a 6 pound baby and owned nothing that fit her- my roommate had a 10 pounder and this no use for the 0000 bonds suit shed brought along

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps. Please be aware that going private does not necessarily guarantee a single room. I know a few people who have still had to share...