+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Sharing a hospital room

Did you share a hospital room when you had bub? Any horror stories? Or did you meet your BFF in the next bed?

I'm considering going public with nr 2. Where I live the public system is good. And private health insurance is a rip off. The only thing I'm hesitating over is sharing a room. Especially a bathroom (especially with women who will likely be bleeding for the next month!).

Tell me your stories!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I stayed for 2 nights and had a lady there for the first few hours and another for the last few hours so mostly had the room to myself. Thank god for that because I spent most of those 2 nights crying loudly because my baby refused to sleep and I would have hated to have been the person in the bed next to me. I also don't know how you'd get any sleep with 2 newborns in the room!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in a room with 2 other woman, I hated it! Bub & I did not have the best start and she cried non stop and I felt sooo guilty and sorry for these 2 other mums & bubs. I ended up leaving early against medical advice as it was stressing me out so much, I knew at home if bub cried I wouldn't have to worry about waking people up!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I went public with both my kids and ended up with a private room both times, yay!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (28-06-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I shared a room when I had DS. It was awful. The woman next to me was lovely, but not having privacy sucked. 2 newborns make a LOT of noise, and I was so panicky whenever DS cried in the night because I didn't want to wake her and her baby. I scored a single room with DD and it was heavenly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2 babies as a public patient at RPA.
    1st I stayed 24hours and had 1 other in my room, but bathroom was cleaned about 3 times a day. 2nd I got my own room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I had a room with just me and another woman. There were also rooms with 4 people in there, but I was lucky.

I had a caesarean, and had VBers in the bed beside me, so I saw more than one during my stay. The first was lovely. I hardly saw her, but we talked through our curtain. If one of us needed to toilet or shower, the other would keep an ear out for the baby. She also comforted me when I cried because the nurse was mean (I was being induced at that stage, and then told to have a caesarean, but was in my room in maternity already anyway). She was lovely. I got her number... but lost it. So I never got to talk to her again.

The other woman had about 500 kids already... noisy kids that kept coming in and making me angry with their noise. I overheard many of her conversations and she just seemed like a bit of a witch, so I didn't talk to her. I was glad when she left. I don't know much about the 3rd girl cos I left a few hours after she arrived.

I don't think I'd like to share a room again... just because I heard some of the other babies crying at night and they sounded like monkeys... and I wouldn't want to share a room with something that made noisy monkey sounds tbh.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (28-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I shared all 3 times.

First time was awful, I was put in with a lady whose baby was in the NICU and not doing well, every time my DS1 cried she would ball her eyes out, poor lady, it was awful.

Second time I was in a room with 3 other women. It was loud and I got literally no sleep.

Third time only had a roomate for the first night, she snored, loud lol. But second night it was just me and it was bliss.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've had 3 babies, all in public hospital, all in shared room. I never had a problem with shared rooms. But I was home within 48 hours of all my births, even after my c-section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh, and yep, I am friends with a woman I met in hospital 5 years on