+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies!! I'm trying my hardest not to feel guilty, but I can't stop thinking that it I had done more research I would've noticed and had it fixed early on... Was only just getting over my mummy guilt thinking it was my boobs not doing their job!

I'm not a confrontational person at all so still deciding whether or not to contact the LC. Come to think of it, my MCHN never mentioned it either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    Thanks ladies!! I'm trying my hardest not to feel guilty, but I can't stop thinking that it I had done more research I would've noticed and had it fixed early on... Was only just getting over my mummy guilt thinking it was my boobs not doing their job!

I'm not a confrontational person at all so still deciding whether or not to contact the LC. Come to think of it, my MCHN never mentioned it either.
    As AM said, it's not too late if you want to try again. If not, you have nothing to feel guilty about- you were let down by the professional who should have supported, assisted and educated you. You've done a great job xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (02-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    As AM said, it's not too late if you want to try again. If not, you have nothing to feel guilty about- you were let down by the professional who should have supported, assisted and educated you. You've done a great job xxx
    Thanks atropos I would give anything to be able to try again, but whenever DS is in cradle position he screams and doesn't stop wriggling. Towards the end of weaning I kept persevering when he just didn't want it, and I definitely think it effected him. I still have milk there, and have even held him right near my nipples in the shower and he doesn't even notice they're there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    Thanks atropos I would give anything to be able to try again, but whenever DS is in cradle position he screams and doesn't stop wriggling. Towards the end of weaning I kept persevering when he just didn't want it, and I definitely think it effected him. I still have milk there, and have even held him right near my nipples in the shower and he doesn't even notice they're there.
    Well if nothing else, you are better armed if you have another bub, and you did your best for this one- he is fed and happy and that is the main thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Well if nothing else, you are better armed if you have another bub, and you did your best for this one- he is fed and happy and that is the main thing.
    Oh absolutely!!! I am so armed and dangerous with information, every midwife/LC/MCHN within a 50km radius should be scared when I go into labour! I am so determined

7. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry this has happened to you.

I had the same problems with my DS. I saw a LC and still encountered problems he was fully ff by 6 weeks. It was an undiagnosed posterior tongue tie.

When my daughter was born the same thing started happening and I was lucky to get a fantastic LC who diagnosed her with a posterior tongue tie. It was clipped at 2 weeks old but regrew. I had her tongue and upper lip lasered when she was 4 months old. Lip is fine now, but tongue regrew again.

We are still bf'ing at 10 months old but she has 2 formula bottles a day as she's never been able to get enough milk from me. It still hurts to bf sometimes as well.

Don't beat yourself up. There's no way you could have known and even if the issue was addressed you could still be encountering problems.

You did fantastic to get to 5 months with untreated ties!

I am going to look into getting my ds's tie done and my dd's redone when they are both a bit older. They can cause all sorts of speech and dental issues.

Have you looked in your own mouth? Tongue ties are usually hereditary. Both my hubby and I have them, so our kids had no chance! We had both had/have major dental issues.
    Last edited by felicia81; 02-07-2013 at 10:48.