+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What car seat/capsule is everyone getting/have?

I am having trouble deciding what car seat to get for bubs, I know I want a convertable that goes from newborn to toddler but what brand????
    Everyone I talk to says the safe and sound ones are the best (forget the model, its rrp is something huge like $599). I would like to get it but its really out of our budget...
    I am looking at the infa secure caprice but can't seem to find a safety rating on it....such a hard decision to make, if it comes down to it though I will spend more in the safe n sound because I don't want to compromise on safety.

Any suggestions??

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had Mothers Choice ones for the twins that I still have them in. They're 4 and should technically be in a booster but they're still small.
    DD6mo is in a Safe and Sound Meridian. Not sure of the price, MIL and FIL bought it.
    I haven't had a problem with either seat.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll be buying the infa secure luxi crown, it goes from 0-8, is only around $300, and has a CREP rating of 4 in reverse, 3 in forward and 4 as a booster seat.

Maybe have a look at that one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm looking at buying the safe and sound compac (however it is spelt). I don't have a huge car and want something that doesn't take up a lot of space. It is also listed on the racq site as one of the recommended ones so I assume it has a high safety rating. I think it's in the $300 to $ 400 price range.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my heart set on a Safe n Sound Compaq but by the time I got around to buying everything, I didn't have enough put away to afford it as well as the cot and pram so I went for the Infa Cosi Compact. (I also have a tiny car so needed a tiny seat). This one Rf for ages as well which I hear is really good.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jenstar View Post
    I'm looking at buying the safe and sound compac (however it is spelt). I don't have a huge car and want something that doesn't take up a lot of space. It is also listed on the racq site as one of the recommended ones so I assume it has a high safety rating. I think it's in the $300 to $ 400 price range.
    It has a great rear facing rating Can't remember its forward facing rating though. It's about $360 or so I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thanks ladies I will check them all out!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Im getting a Safety First capsule to fit a baby jogger city select.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got the safe and sound compaq. It's great, although a little hard to get DD in and out. We got it when she outgrew her capsule, so not sure how it would go with a newborn, but I'm sure it would be much easier than trying to get my wriggly bub in!

I love it because my DD is 14 months now and she's still no where near the cut off line for rear facing, so I think she'll comfortably be able to rear face until probably close to two. The rear facing crep rating is great, I don't think the forward facing is quite as good, but still one of the safest. I did a lot of research before I bought it and decided based on all of the crep info available, I don't think they had rated the newest safe and sound (diamond I think?)

Have you had a look at the CREP ratings? There's heaps of good info on the site

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Safe n Sound Platinum AHR . Got it when ds was 9 months because I wanted to keep him RF longer than the one I had. He was able to stay RF til 18 months, but he is only small. The tilt adjust is so great, love not having to remove the seat to change the shoulder position. It is expensive but I got it cheaper by shopping around online paid $535 inc shipping.