+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I fell on my tummy (9 weeks pregnant) - worried

Hi girls,
    I fell on hard on my tummy last night and I am 9 weeks pregnant. I tripped over a garden bed and fell onto the driveway. When I fell my hands were up near my ears so they are cut and grazed. I fell pretty much flat on my tummy and boobs and a little on my chin. I really scared my self. This moring my shoulder blades and the muscles around my shoulders and under my arms are a bit tender. I know bubs is only small and I am hoping he/she is ok. Has anyone else fallen like this? I have a scan and check up on Tuesday..........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I know how worried you must be but Im sure everything is fine As you said bub is still very small and theres a lot of cushioning in there hiding and protecting bub. Although I would be stressing too it would be hard not to! Is there any chance you can get in for an ultrasound and check up sooner just for piece of mind? Just so you aren't worrying over the weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try not to worry too much, bub is so well protected in there!! Try not to worry too much about it, can they get you in earlier for a scan to set your mind at ease?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing, it's awful to think you might have caused damage but I'm sure bubba is ok.
    I was snowboarding in Japan and didn't know I was pregnant until later, so I was 8 weeks and throwing myself down a mountain (as I proved to be a useless boarder)!
    That baby is now nearly 4 and no problems.
    Hope your aches and pains ease quickly x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I copped so many whacks in the belly (mainly from ds) when I was pregnant with dd. I remember one time he dived off the couch (he was only 12 months) when I was lying on the ground and landed smack on my 8 month pregnant belly and I stressed a fair bit but everything was okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Try not to worry. at 9wks your baby is still within the pelvic bones. It isnt until 12-13wks that it rises above the pubic bone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for all your responses - I feel very reassured. I am having no pain in my tummy area and no bleeding etc. So I think I will wait until Tuesday for my scan (juggling 2 x dd's and shift worker DH). If I do feel pain or see bleeding I know I can phone the private hospital that my obgyn is linked with. I'm just so thankful I was not further along (if I was I would have definately had a scan immediately). It definately makes me feel better when I read your posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 24 weeks and last week bellied flopped onto my bed, totally forgetting I was pregnant! Lucky it was a soft landing! Still was pretty uncomfortable! With DS2 DS1 did a lot of what has already been mentioned, jumping on etc. They are pretty well protected in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Patsmum
    You poor thing you probably scared yourself too. I can just imagine you flying thru the air and at the last second thinking 'oops Im pregnant. Too late to pull out now!'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did this at 31 weeks.... Exact same grazed chin, hands, knees.... Knees took months to heal.... Anyway bubs is very safe and cushioned in there. I went to hospital to be monitored....as I had a couple of Braxton hicks straight after but they said as long as there was no bleeding things should be fine. If you are worried u can always go to maternity hospital or emergency (call first) and they might do a quick Doppler to put ur mind at ease.