Getting rid of the bottle | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I zap cows milk in a clean mug then pour the milk into his cup. Then I have a cup of tea in the mug

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've taken all of my girls off bottles around 12-14 months. Firstly I swap a bottle for a sippy cup then gradually reduce the amount. DD4 is 16 months and if she's sick I'll give her a sippy cup with water for bed otherwise she just goes to sleep without it. She still uses a dummy though don't plan on taking that off her anytime soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was attached to his bottles too, didn't get him off them until about 17mths.

I tried many different styles, then found the Nuby brand. They have teats/spouts that are similar so I think it was 'close enough' for him IYKWIM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Start watering down the milk until it's just water in the bottle then at least you don't have to worry about tooth decay. Teats are a pain to clean though so I'd recommend swapping to something that can go in the dishwasher.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So tonight we gave him his formula in a straw cup, which is the same he has water from. He drank it ok but heaps went down his front (as the water does) which is a pain after his bath!!! He didn't drink it all which is a first but I assume this is a good thing as eventually he won't have a "bottle before bed" as such, and will just have a drink with dinner and water as and when he wants it before bed? So confusing.

Makes me think why bother and just stick wih the bottle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly would stick with the bottle . I am having this dilemma right now and was about the post a similar topic. Mines 14 and goes to sleep with a bottle ( not put to bed with one but will have one in my arms and falls asleep and them i put him down ) I too got the lecture from nurse about his teeth but it works for us

7. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We've ended up sticking with the bottle of an evening. We started watering down his oat milk and then just water. I just figured he gets comfort from it, it signals bed time to him and stops a mess after his bath. He will eventually stop having it but hopefully when he is a better drinker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sticking with the bottle too and DD is 19+ months. I figure it gives her great comfort and its only once a day, why rush.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, I'm with you all. It is part of the bedtime routine and she is only 18mths so I'm leaving it be for now too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSS View Post
    Ladies, I'm with you all. It is part of the bedtime routine and she is only 18mths so I'm leaving it be for now too...
    Ah it feels good doesn't it