+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Toy sales - how much are you spending this year?

Dunno about anyone else but I couldn't be bothered doing the whole toy sales thing.. I couldn't be bothered spending hundreds on dollars on toys then come X Mas and the kids aren't as interested in them as I thought they would be.. so this time im just bypassing and waiting til later in the year. BUT... I do have friends that are spending $600-700 and im thinking ''it's just plastic crap!!". I'd rather get a few good things rather than trolleys full of rubbish that will clutter the house.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ive never bought Xmas presents this early....ever...for exactly the reason you stated (not interested in it come Xmas). Whats annoying though is DS birthday is mid July so if I didnt get to the toy sales on the first day, there was nothing good left for him at the shops.....so I have braved the sales before but not for Xmas or Xmas laybys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $400 for Christmas and birthday BUT its only that much because we decided to get an outdoor play set.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    $80 on a Lalaloopsy and Pet Shop playground thing... We're mega generous gift givers obviously

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For my DD from us $0 however I will be braving Big W at some point to get her a bike which will be from my parents for her for Christmas ($50). I will also be spending around $70 all up at Big W buying Christmas presents for relatives childrens (only have 4 children to buy for this year).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was thinking about this today. I would love to put on a Xmas layby, we are always broke around Xmas so it would be great to pay things off slowly but how the hell do I know what DD will like at Xmas?! She's changes her mind on things more often then she changes her knickers! Last month it was all about peppa pig now it's toy story, who knows what next month will be let alone in 6 months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    $0

..but DS1 & DS2 have birthday and toothfairy money saved up that they would like to go and spend at the sales.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    $199.

But that's because DD's birthday is next month and I waited for the toy sales knowing there'd be a good package deal for a 3DS. And there was at Target - $199 for the console, 3 games, some little "starter kit," thing (case, styluses etc), and a downloadable game too.

I'll probably end up spending more in the sales, but not as Christmas presents. DD is nearly 8 and therefore kind of "over" most toys. My niece is 2 soon though, so she'll probably get her present during the sales.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm getting nothing this year first time ever we just don't have the money for a heap of toys that get forgotten about after a couple plays. We are building them a big cubby house with sandpit underneath and slide from us and a couple of useful things from Santa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    So far I've got a layby on at target for $180. That includes Duplo, a board game and a water play table.

There's only 2 things I want in big w which will be $40. Book set and costume.

I'm leaving the rest of the budget ($80-100) for when DS1 decides what he wants from santa.

Not too bad to cover 4th bday in November, Christmas for 2 kids and first bday in January.

Sent from my telecommunications device.