+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice needed on 15mth eating habits

As the title suggests I am having issues with my DD & her eating habits...
    She basically refuses to eat anything that's not bread, rice, grapes or watermelon! I am really struggling on ways to get her to eat....
    At daycare she will eat everything they give her but not at home...

What do I do? Do I just offer her the foods she will eat? I get worried about sending to bed without having a full tummy...I am after any advice to help me with her...

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think as she is eating all the food at day care she is just being fussy at home as she knows you will give her what she wants - I think this is a critical age that could determine how fussy she will be as a child so if it were me I would be tougher now and offer her exactly what the family eats - obviously not all kids will like everything but offer a wide variety of healthy foods so she can choose what she wants , she will eat if she in hungry and it may take a few nights of her refusing but she will get there!

If dinner is a struggle offer her a big lunch or healthy veggie snacks during the day or even a big brekky so dinner is not going to become a fight ! Ive heard that it's best to offer a wide variety of food before they turn 2 as then it becomes even harder for them to try new things

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been offering her everything we eat & at dinner can be a wide variety...meat, 3 or 4 types of veggies etc. She use to be such a great eater...eat anything basically but now when I put the food in front of her, if its not bread or rice she just refuses. Won't even taste it!
    I think I do need to stop giving into her....
    For breakfast she will have toast or wheat bix. Sometimes an omelette.
    For lunch she will have a sandwich or varieties of food like a salad, mini pizzas with pineapple, spinach, tomatoes. But she will only eat of she wants too...am I making sense?
    The last few weeks she seems to have gotten worse just basically refusing all without even trying.
    I am rambling, I'm sorry...thanks for your input. I will tonight only offer her what we have & that's it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    She sounds totally normal! And it sounds like she is still eating well ! Toddlers go through phases and I even found with DS at that age he didn't eat as much as he used to , then a month later ate like there was no tomorrow ! Plus this is the age they try and assert some authority as they found out what pushes our buttons! I think your doing a great job and just keep offering, keep up the great variety, eat with her and don't make a fuss and I'm sure you'll be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Elijah's mum!
    Really appreciate your reply...