Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Salsa Chicken - Spray cooker with canola spray, chuck in 2/3 skinless chicken breasts (chopped in halves), sprinkle a packet of taco seasoning over the top then tip 1 cup of salsa on the top too, add 60ml water. Cook for about 4hrs. Take the chicken breasts out, add 1 cup of sour cream to the slow cooker and stir until smooth. Spoon on top of chicken. I cook rice with this yum!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I LOVE my slow cooker. We have....

Sweet and sour chicken- One tray of thigh fillets and one jar of sweet and sour sauce (Kantong style) just chuck it all in and let it go for six hours on slow. I serve this with rice and it's a weekly dinner in this house. We have also done this with honey mustard or teriyaki sauce in a jar (super easy and super yummy)

Silverside in the slow cooker and it turns out so tender and it just falls apart, I just add the meat and cover with water. then chuck in two tablespoons of brown sugar, a splash of vinegar and a few peppercorns. I let that cook on low for six hours and throw the veg into the water about two to three hours before we need it.

Beef and red wine- diced chuck steak (or any cheap cut) chopped veg (whatever is available) one cup of red wine, garlic and what ever spices you like and fill the rest of the pot until it covers the meat and veg with liquid stock. So easy and so much nicer that the packet mix.

Pot Roast - any roast cut (browned first), red wine and a tin of crushed tomatoes, mixed herbs (this mix should only cover the bottom 1/4 of the roast). Dice potatoes, carrot, sweet potato and anything else you would want. When I put this together I put the veg in first and the roast on top.

That's all I can think of at present, hope that helps
    Last edited by BiNdI86; 27-06-2013 at 23:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roast Lamb -> half a leg of lamb (marinate with 1/2 cup red wine, 1/2 cup oil + desired herbs), carrots, zucchini, potato & pumpkin diced, 1cup vegetable stock. Place lamb + vegetables in slow cooker, pour stock & marinade over them and cook on low for 6-8hours.
    *Drain liquid, Cut lamb & Serve with gravy.

Mexican Flavoured Chicken -> chicken breasts (diced), jar of salsa, cream of chicken soup (or any other form of substitute you'd prefer) taco seasoning & sour cream. Place chicken, salsa & soup into slow cooker, sprinkle over seasoning & cook on low for 6hours. Mix in sour cream about 30mins before serving.
    *Serve with rice.

Another Chicken recipe -> Chicken breasts diced, 1/2 - 1 cup powdered milk (made up), 1/2 cup - 1 cup chicken stock, preferred seasoning (I like italian herbs mixture), 1 tablespoon of garlic, 1 tablespoon butter. Place all ingredients into slow cooker & cook on low for 6-8 hours.
    *Served with steamed vegetables.

Casserole -> Diced beef, 1 cup beef stock, selection of vegetables (can be any, we prefer carrots, celery, zucchini, pumpkin, sweet potato, broccoli, beans & cauliflower), Mixed herbs seasoning & then 1 cup of homemade marinade (honey soy, bbq, red wine, any flavour combo you prefer). Put into slow cooker & cook on low for 6-8 hours.
    *Serve on own or with rice or pasta or bread rolls.

Greek Chicken -> 1 onion, garlic, 1lb. chicken, 1½ tspns seasoning, 4 pita pocket breads, ½ cup yoghurt, 1 cup chopped cucumber tomato + capsicum. Combine onion, garlic, chicken, seasoning in slow cooker & Cook on low 4–6 hrs. Heat pita bread as directed on package. Take out chicken & shred, stir yoghurt into slow-cooker.
    *Serve: Spoon chicken onto warm pita bread. Transfer mixture in slow cooker onto chicken; top with tomato, cucumber & capsicum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last night I did a whole large chicken in the slow cooker. Carrot, garlic and onion on the bottom, chicken on top and potatoes round the sides. A good splash of chicken stock, salt and pepper and that was it. Thickened the juices to make a gravy and cooked some broccoli at the the last minute. Tasted great and the chicken was really tender. Left over chicken went in sandwiches for lunch today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I have two favourites for the slowcooker..

Overnight Porridge:
    1 cup of oats
    3.5 cups of water
    1 cup of milk
    3 tbsp brown sugar
    1 tsp vanilla essence
    1 tsp salt
    Spray inside of cooker with cooking spray. Mix together and leave on low for 8 hrs. Makes enough for 4 people or keep it in the fridge and you have breakfast for 4 days. Just reheat in microwave

Bbq ribs:
    Mix 1 cup of brown sugar, tsp salt, pepper together and rub into ribs.
    Layer ribs and 1 sliced onion in slow cooker.
    Pour 1/2 cup of coke on top.
    Cook on low for 8 hrs
    Drain ribs. Cover in bbq sauce and pour remaining over the top.
    Leave on low for half hour - an hour.

Those were off the top of my head so I will double check the times and let you know of they were wrong when DS2 waked up.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (28-06-2013)