+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Quick easy slow cooker recipes

Hi guys,
    I'm after some really quick, easy to prepare, yummy slow cooker meals where you literally chop up and throw everything straight in to the cooker with out having to do any other preparation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Subbing!

I mostly use the recipe bases by Maggi or McCormack because they are really quick and easy, but I'd love some other really easy recipes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh me too!!! I use the mixes, but am looking for more also...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Subbing. Hopefully some that don't use the mixes as they are sometimes so high in salt and other preservatives!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do a really simple beef casserole slow cooker. I just dice some chuck steak, carrots, potato, onion & celery, throw in the slow cooker with a tin or 2 of crushed tomatoes (enough to nearly cover the meat & veg) and some dried mixed herbs and cook on high for 4 hours or slow for 6-8 hours. I then add a little worcestershire sauce at the end for a bit of seasoning.

Also an easy curry - dice chicken/ lamb/ chuck steak, onion, sweet potato and red capsicum, a tin of coconut milk or cream (or again just enough to nearly cover meat & veg) and a couple of tablespoons of curry paste from a jar. Then a bunch of chopped corriander mixed through at the end.

I find the starchy veg like potato or sweet potato help to thicken them, but sometimes if they need thickening a little I take a bit of the sauce out and let it cool in a mug then add a tablespoon of cornflower and add back to the slow cooker and turn up on high.
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 27-06-2013 at 09:02.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just chuck in sausages (not pre-browned), carrots chopped, whatever other vegies. A packet of French onion soup mix (could also just use onions &chicken stock) plus a beef stock cube, 1/4 c water & half tin tomatoes.

Yum! I had this for dinner last night. Served with mash spud or rice

Thanks
    Reviews
    This massamun curry is my favourite: http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe...rry-L9178.html

I don't bother coating the beef in flour, I just chuck it all in. I also add a teaspoon of ginger and 2 teaspoons of garlic.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

AvasMumma  (30-06-2013)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also an alternate Sicilian casserole, I dice up the slowcook/chuck steak you buy from woolies, put in a jar of passata, any vegies you like, beef stock cube. cook for 6/8hrs, then towards the end add half a block of cream cheese. Serve with vegies (vegies can be put in the dish also)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the slow cooker! I made pulled pork last summer it was yum, you can make so much in it, soups like minestrones just chuck in a bunch of veggies whatever is in season and some beans. Or casseroles are always a winner, any meat with some tomato sauce base and usually carrot/celery/onion combo works well. Sour cream chicken, 3 ingredients chicken sour cream and dill easy. I even make my bulk pasta sauces, tomato and bolognaise then I freeze and especially with the bolognaise I can go lasagna nachos baked potatoes ... so many options!