Incontinence 4 months post birth?? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Incontinence 4 months post birth??

Overnight I woke twice to feed my 4 month old DS and both times my pj pants were a bit wet and I could feel myself leaking a bit (sorry, I feel like this is TMI).

Is it possible to have incontinence 4 months after having a baby?? I had no problems when I was pregnant.

What should I do?? I feel too embarrassed to tell anyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you doing your pelvic floor exercises? I was told to do that every day to help strengthen those muscles again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Def go to ur GP, and they prob will refer u back to ur obstetrician and possibly a physio. Try not to be too embarrassed; there could be a bunch of things causing the overnight incontinence, some of which may be rectified thru physio or even surgery.

Many mumma's don't realise how taxing pregnancy can be on the body - all that extra weight being focused on our (relatively) tiny pelvic area. I have a minor bladder prolapse (TMI - so I bulge a little in between my urethra n vagina) and docs have said that the physical stress of pregnancy, plus birth, and now breast feeding hormones cause everything to relax somewhat 'down there'.

I know how embarrassing heading to the docs can be with an ailment that's not often spoken about - but honestly, docs hear it everyday, and more mumma's are in a similar boat than u realise!

Xoxo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mushiedaina For This Useful Post:

sandra28  (16-07-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Kegel! kegel! kegel! Google it!

. It's pretty common. Work on strengthening the pelvic floor muscles for a few months, if no improvement, then see a doc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kegels are the first step, if it doesn't get better you should talk with your gp.
    Panty liners will help in the meantime.
    When I was pregnant with DD I had major incontinence towards the end of the pregnancy, after she was born it got better to where I'd only have to watch it when I sneezed or threw up, Im 20 weeks pregnant and its all coming back... awesome isn't it. But ya the kegels helped me till now... Im really hoping its just bub's weigh on my pelvis!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    4 years on I still pee myself while exercising Kegals have helped, but after having another baby it's gotten bad again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I'll get back on to my kegel exercises!
    Is it normal for this to happen so long after the pregnancy and birth though?

Thanks
    Reviews
    where do u find best kegel exercises, i am still waking up twice a nite to pee, so i feel exhausted next day. at end of my tether now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneychick View Post
    where do u find best kegel exercises, i am still waking up twice a nite to pee, so i feel exhausted next day. at end of my tether now
    Hi SydneyChick tips for kegel exercise and urinary incontinence here http://www.webmd.com/urinary-inconti...nence-in-women
    And I assume you are starting kegels? if so be sure to have the right size of balls. What you want to start is bigger balls than gradually decrease the size. Balls like Je Joue are good to start and for progress over time. have a look here http://www.savvi.com.au/shop/female-...gel-balls.html

Hope that helps and you get better. Its been said that kegel definitely will help but over time so be patient and keep exercising! It will do you only good