Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HippyGirl85 View Post
    This is a great post.

Personally I'm finding it very hard to remain free of judgement when the OP's "interrogation technique" is to scare a 6year old into thinking that a lie will make his parents disappear.

Something like that can have lasting effects and be harmful to the child's mental health. It really is quite distressing.
    I very much agree and have seen this for myself. But every parent deserves a chance to change and I hope OP gets something out of this so that his son lives a happy stress free life with good attachments to his parents. Perhaps OP does not understand the impact of his techniques. One had to assume this is not on purpose to hurt or cause harm to his child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also wondering whether your son "confesses" due to the barrage of questions and interrogation and fear of what might happen to his parents rather than telling the truth.

What I mean by that is, perhaps the boy never had an icy pole but says he did so the questions stop.
    I think this is a possibility also

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also wondering whether your son "confesses" due to the barrage of questions and interrogation and fear of what might happen to his parents rather than telling the truth.

What I mean by that is, perhaps the boy never had an icy pole but says he did so the questions stop.
    This is what I was thinking. We've had similar lying issues with DS. DF questioned him on something until he confessed, only for DS to admit later he 'just wanted Daddy to stop'.

My heart goes out to that poor kid - having parents who think icy poles cause colds, make assumptions of guilt & then bully him into 'confessing'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBeCcA7 View Post
    I very much agree and have seen this for myself. But every parent deserves a chance to change and I hope OP gets something out of this so that his son lives a happy stress free life with good attachments to his parents. .
    I realise this sounds a bit wanky; but you get what I mean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwyane Wade View Post
    All this while his constantly blowing his nose & complaining that his ear is hurting (pretty sure he has an ear infection).
    Have you taken him to a doctor?

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I am just going to close this for now pending Mod discussion.
    Dwayne Wade - if you would like it to be re-opened please PM myself or any Mod.

Thanks to those who contributed in a helpful and positive manner.
    Cheers,
    Biscotti