+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Not enjoying birthdays.

It's DPs birthday today. I've tried to make it as nice as possible for him- a sleep in, a big cooked breakfast and some completely kickass presents, then went to meet him for lunch with the kids.
    He seems so down. He never really enjoys his birthday very much. Today he made a comment about disappointing me It's not about me, I just want HIM to have a nice day, but he never does.
    Is anyone else like this around their birthday? I guess I don't really need advice just curious if others feel the same about their birthday. Even if others make a fuss or whatever, I can understand if you hate birthdays because no-one cares.
    He's not at all like this usually, btw. It's just a birthday thing.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Does he possibly dislike the attention?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Maybe a bad childhood memory about a birthday?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    FL... My dh doesn't like his birthday either. My family are big birthday people so I make a big deal but he doesn't get into it! I always do a cake and presents and stuff but he gets down as well! It was his 30th birthday and not one of his family member bought his a present. We had our baby via c section on his birthday this year... We were given the choice to choose another date but he was adamant he wanted to share his birthday... His words were maybe I'll like birthdays!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LamaBana82 View Post
    Maybe a bad childhood memory about a birthday?

Definitely not that. He is an only child and his family are all about lavish attention on birthdays. I think it's just a 'getting older' thing. Blah. I wish he would just enjoy himself. We're going out with all our friends on Saturday, which we javent done since DD was born, so hopefully he'll at least enjoy that part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Definitely not that. He is an only child and his family are all about lavish attention on birthdays. I think it's just a 'getting older' thing. Blah. I wish he would just enjoy himself. We're going out with all our friends on Saturday, which we javent done since DD was born, so hopefully he'll at least enjoy that part.
    Could be the whole getting older. Or could have just been a bad day at work. Maybe celebrating on the weekend with friends will cheer him up.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Aww that would make me sad.

I like the anticipation of my birthday but then im usually down on the day. I dont know why. Probably because its always a let down.

But sounds like u have made sure its been awesome.

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH is like that. It's about getting older and a lack of 'achievement'.

Drives me bonkers. I love birthdays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do get a bit down around my birthday. My father's funeral was on my 18th birthday so ever since (30 yrs this year, yes I'm that old ) it's not been good. I try and hide it from family though.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Yes, I'm like that but its because of a bad experience I had surrounding my birthday a few years ago. My DH doesn't care about his birthday but doesn't get down at all...he's more interested in my birthday actually. Because our birthdays are two days apart we usually end up just celebrating both our birthdays jointly.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app