+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do it, do it now best thing that we have ever done left family and friends and I don't regret it one bit we got away from all of the crap and drama....been 5 years now and I will never move back...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup, done it twice. Came from country Canada and moved to coastal NSW. Hated it. But endured it for 9 years. Then convinced hubby to "move to the country"- unbelievably glad we did! So much happier and settled. Everything's more affordable!! I hate the city, and I hate the beach- so this is perfect for us! Now building our dream house on a big property!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH is desperate to moved to Qld. We currently live in the large country town we both grew up in. I am very close to my Mum and have good friends here, so I have no interest whatsoever in moving. I kind of wish I did, because the lifestyle in Qld appeals to me very much, especially with kids. If you and hubby are both keen, sounds like now is the time to do it. Good luck, hope you find the perfect location.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pippi, we made the tree change to Echuca five years ago and still love it.

Lived in Melbourne our whole lives. Decided to get out of town for a few years as an adventure before we got married, started our family. Well we're still here and have a baby who's nearly one and loving it more now than ever.

We love it because there are so many young families in the area, a range of schools inc a grammar school. Plus play groups, play centres, swimming centre etc

There is a lot of industry and opportunity as well as huge tourism. We are in tourism and love it. The town is buzzing during holidays and long weekends but not too quiet when it's off season.

The weather is brilliant, rarely have cloudy days, sunshine all year round.

I love that our family and friends can visit without getting on a plane - Echuca is 2.5 hours from Melbourne CBD - handy when DD is sick and Mum can pop up to help for a few days.

The town certainly has a great vibe, no road rage, everyone says good morning when you walk past, shop owners remember your name. Just recently we were all sick and the lovely girl at our grocer said 'any time you need, just let me know and I'll deliver to you'.

And what I love is it's still growing, certainly feel the town is thriving and can see us staying here for quite a while.

Just an idea...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm all for it.
    We moved from Melbourne to Brisbane 6 years ago for lifestyle and whether. My husbands brothers who are both self employed in the same industry as us were there and were able to give is work until our own advertising took off.
    Now 6 years later we have just moved to a small coastal town in southern NSW! Our work dried up a bit in Brisbane and various other reasons we have moved to a beautiful coastal town for some laid back family years. We have been here just 3 weeks. Our children are aged between 8mths to 11 years old. Here we can get some work but if its quiet then it no major issue as out mortgage is alot lower here. The kids were really nervous starting school but have settled in well and are so happy. The bonus of our new location is that we can drive to Melbourne where all my family is so can catch up with cousins for school holidays but far enough away from family annoying me! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, so I posted this last year and now it looks like we will be moving at the end of the year and it will be to QLD
    VERY EXCITING!
    Thought I would bump again to get some more stories :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Hi All, so I posted this last year and now it looks like we will be moving at the end of the year and it will be to QLD
    VERY EXCITING!
    Thought I would bump again to get some more stories :-)
    Where abouts in QLD are you headed?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are thinking Hervey Bay, sunshine coast or Brisbane

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    We are thinking Hervey Bay, sunshine coast or Brisbane
    Oh ok. Do you like the heat? I escaped QLD because of the heat..lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! I am trying to escape the cold