Closed Thread
Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I put axle in the Jolly jumper for the first time today and thought I would share some pics!
    He thought it was funny! Hard to get ones that aren't blurry as he won't keep still haha!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1380190878.816583.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1380190894.127705.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1380190909.330213.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!
    Smurfy - you poor woman!! Putting up with that crap! I hope the next 2 days go fast. That would drive me freaking bananas!

Choccie - cute photos of Axle! What a little cutie pie!

Waiting - thank you for the suggestions. Yes I did try the frequent burping & she would get so annoyed. So I started to wait for her signals to show that she had wind. With my mum here, I am going to try the frequent burping again.

So my mum leaves tomorrow and it has been invaluable having her here and starting to worry with her about to go
    I feel like such a different person after all her help and support. Chelsea is finally starting to sleep longer. Few things that I needed to change and need to adapt to:
    - Chelsea needs to earn her feed. Every time she would wake up (which was every 1.5hours) I would shove my boob in her mouth! And then get annoyed & frustrated that she just fell asleep at the boob and wouldn't drink much! Now, unless she is in absolute distress, she feeds a minimum of every 3 hours. By doing this, she is awake just a little longer and feeds more (not much more, but better than previously).
    -if she wakes, I can now determine the different cries. She can now put herself back to sleep between sleep periods. But if she continues, then it is most likely wind or a yucky nappy. With a quick burp and/ or nappy change, generally goes back to sleep.
    - the biggest win this week is long sleep periods at night!! I am feeding her expressed breastmilk (around 100mls) at the 9pm and then 1:30am feeds. I feel so refreshed!!
    - and I needed to learn that she is a windy baby and I can't rush her feeds as burping. She may take up to an hour to burp and put to bed... And that is ok. I was using Infants Friend, but today I did wonder if mate it is not helping as much. I mainly only use it at the night feeds and find that she is in a fair bit of windy pain in the morning. So I will go without for the next few days and try Infacol if she still has issues.

Unfortunately (but then again fortunately), we are starting to use the dummy for her when she is so over tired and won't go to sleep. She is sleeping longer during the days now, but seems to stay awake in the morning. Mum said that this is ok and she seems happy to just hang out, so again, I just need to accept this is my little poppet and sleep in the afternoons when she does!
    Being that I am getting good decent sleeps at night now, the mornings are no longer frustrating and I am more energy to sit and burp her.

I am still a little bummed out that she won't feed longer from my boob and I would prefer to feed her at night from my boob. Mum suggested that when she gets a little bit older she will hopefully feed longer off the boob, but at the moment, she is just being a bit lazy and I need to not let her graze constantly.

Been a few other bits and pieces. But I am really hoping that I can continue all of this. Mum said she would ofcourse change behaviors again soon, but I feel so much more equipped and now pretty certain she doesn't have reflux and just needs help being burped.

Fingers crossed!!! It's all up to me from tomorrow night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow MissX great that your mum could offer u so much advice and support!! Well done you!
    As for the infants friend and infacol, I swap between both and I find they both become less effective after a while.
    I would start using which ever one u choose from the beginning of the day before every feed as by night time it's always worse as they have built up wind throughout the day and it's easier to get out during the day than having to put up with it at night

Axle was also a very windy baby and doing leg exercises, like riding a bike and crunches up to his head x20 times each really helped and I would do this every time I changed his nappy or after every feed... Just a suggestion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MissX, it sounds like your visit from your mum was extremely helpful. You've learnt so much I the short time she was there.

AFM, MIL was supposed to be going out for the whole day today, which I was really looking forward too. It was my sole focus these last few days. Last night she tells me she's not going out. That sure ruined my good mood. But tomorrow she goes home!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting: good luck with the upcoming birth.

Choccie: loving the photos. That sure is a big dog! How old is Axle now? I have a jolly jumper for River but haven't started using it.

Smurfy: only 1 more day, hope today goes quickly for you.

MissX: Thats great that your mum could help so much.

River is much better, she had a shocking night last night just would not settle until 930 when I just laid her on me and patted her back for 15mins (prior to that I was expressing so she was on DP) anyway she woke briefly just after 5 I put her dummy in and she is back to sleep. I'm using this time to express seeming as I am awake lol.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cute pics of Axle, looks like he enjoys the jolly jumper

Miss X so pleased to hear things are improving for you and Chelsea. Mums can be so valuable at times

Lil Smurfy - maybe you could head out for the day instead... At least it's one more day to get through. Good luck!

Toni sorry River was so unsettled. Glad she is feeling much better now.

Sorry have been MIA this week. Our Nanna passed away aged 90 and it's been a difficult week. On a brighter note Ava has slept 7-7 (with a dream feed at 10.30) twice this week. Very pleased with this. Must run, we're going away today for grand final wend. There's so much extra stuff I have to pack for the baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your Nan Maybee babee

Choccie, Axle is such a cute! Love the pics.

Lil Smurfy, hopefully you can now relax that MIL is going home. I know what it's like to have a house full and need space.

MissX, thanks for sharing. Adapting to the new life we have is hard but I wouldn't change it.

AFM, expressing is getting hard, I have great supply, it's just the time it takes. I'm mix feeding though and glad Charlie is getting mostly EBM. I managed to get him on the boob and feed with the lactation consultant but it was only once. I plan to keep trying this week, she comes back next Thursday. DH goes back to work in 2 weeks so if he isn't feeding from the boob by then, I think I will switch to formula, as there is no way I can express and look after him on my own. The lactation consultant couldn't believe how he downs his bottle as he is such a hungry boy. Fx though. Perseverance is hard with sleep deprevation. I've had some emotional moments which I think is partly due to not getting enough sleep, well having broken sleep and the emotional aspect of constantly expressing. Thanks for the vent, I really needed it.

Oh now that ill have my house back, ie. no visitors, after Saturday, I want to get Charlie into a bit more of a routine, he is doing well so far. He feeds 4 hrly and sleeps fairly well, usually two night wakings (12.30 and 4.30). Then up around 7 or 8. Sometimes he wakes at 10.30pm for a feed then again at 2.30 then 6.30. So he is sleeping 3 hrly or so. Any recommendations of routines you use for your day would be great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Waiting: good luck with the upcoming birth.

Choccie: loving the photos. That sure is a big dog! How old is Axle now? I have a jolly jumper for River but haven't started using it.

Smurfy: only 1 more day, hope today goes quickly for you.

MissX: Thats great that your mum could help so much.

River is much better, she had a shocking night last night just would not settle until 930 when I just laid her on me and patted her back for 15mins (prior to that I was expressing so she was on DP) anyway she woke briefly just after 5 I put her dummy in and she is back to sleep. I'm using this time to express seeming as I am awake lol.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Axle is 21 weeks tomorrow! Time is flying by but not fast enough for me as the more he grows the easier it's meant to get apparently! Pity I can't really enjoy having a baby as such!

We had another horrible night last night, he has gone from been such a good night sleeper to a horrible one! He is drinking more milk now and is having 4 solid meals a day so u would think that would keep him full! I have no idea why he keeps waking, in getting super tired!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just jumping in quickly to say Choccie, he's probably going through the 4 month sleep regression. Vale was sleeping 7:30-6:30 every night and suddenly started waking hourly for her dummy!! It was doing my head in. This lasted for just over a week but it looks like we may be back on the mend. She did 7:30-6:30 last night with zero wake ups. Have a read of this as it helps you to understand why they're waking up.
    Hi everyone else
    I must come back to do that catch up but it's do hard typing on my phone. Need to get myself to a PC!!

Oh and Choccie the sleep regression starts at around 17 weeks and can last up to 6 weeks. Vale was 19 weeks yesterday

http://violet-sleepbabysleep.blogspo...1#.UkIFz40azCQ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks FTM! I put it down to all the pain he was in plus being hungry and that's why he stopped sleeping!! But now he is eating enough to sink a ship and is drinking about 500mls a day so that can't be the reason!
    I will have a read of it!