Closed Thread
Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe how are you going? I had one day where I cried over having the emergency c-section. I was really teary which was not usual. It has taken me a bit to process needing the c section. But think I have my head around it now.

Choccie how is axel going? Is sleep improving. I agree it doesn't matter how a mumma feeds her bub, as long as she feeds them.

Toni how is river? How nice having your mum and dad there

Fel! Yay for taking Hayden home. How are you settling in.

Nila I have no idea how you do it. Are you breast feeding? i can't imagine how you would be able to look after two bubbas plus two others at the one time.

Lil petal how's eliana? I hope you have joined this thread.

J - how's Lucy? How often does she feed overnight?

Afm; we had a weekend away and are now home. The little man coped really well, the first night he was ace, feeding and going back to sleep, last night we had an unsettled night but not sure that's cos of being away or him having lots of wind. Love being a mum, despite it being hard some days, just no ideas how you do it with two kids or in Nilas case 4.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies!

Maybee hope you're feeling better soon. My blues hit on day 10 and lasted about 2 weeks. Hugs hun

Choccie I hope Axel is giving you some much needed sleep.

Toni I saw that picture of River in the other thread. What a cutie she is!!

Fel! I hope Hayden is settled into home life

Nila, how are the twins doing? My hats off to you for looking after 4 kiddies. I can barely manage 1!!

Wave everyone and sorry if I missed you. This exhausted brain is barely working!

Sage, glad you had a lovely weekend away.

An updated photo of my cheeky monkey
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1373190973.808202.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ftm she is so cute. How is sleep going? I can't remember which thread I reply to who now! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!!

Sage and FTM Axle is still the same soooo unsettled during the day especially the first sleep, he sleeps for an hour then it might take me an hour to get him back to sleep again!! The next sleep he may sleep longer and surprise me but then other days he doesn't!! He is really unpredictable with the sleep!
    BUT he is sleeping through the night!!! 7pm to 7am with the dream feed at 10, very happy with that, I do have to put his dummy in about 3 times but that's pretty good!

God I can't even remember half the stuff now, personals on a phone never works lol!
    Sage hope you enjoyed ur weekend away, I would love to go away for the weekend!
    FTM I hope Vale is getting more sleep now?
    Toni - sorry I can't remember what you wrote lol!

It's Monday already... Boo! Love weekend when DH entertains dd and doesn't annoy me all day lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sage

Tonight she slept from 7:30pm - 1:00am and I'm currently feeding her. She did wake every hour from 10:30pm crying that required re-settling by me. Longest stretch she's done in ages even if it was broken sleep.

Choccie ... uhmmmm jealous much??? I'm dying here! How do you get him to sleep 7-7??? You lucky thing!! What's your nigh time procedure? How old is Axel as well? Good on you hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I never thought the blues would hit me, but I'm sure that's what's wrong. I was crying again today. I have feelings of being unsure if I am doing the right thing for Ava... Today I had to feed her in the car as we were out and still quite far from home and she was screaming. Fed her for 15mins one side and she fell asleep. We got home and she transferred from car to bassinet. The longer she slept I kept feeling guilty for not having fed her properly. DH was trying to assure me that she was fine and would wake when hungry and she did. Then we had visitors all anoon which required me to feed in front of them. I was a little apprehensive about this but did it but her feeding rhythm was out of whack. I finally had a mini breakdown and told DH how I was feeling. He tells me I am doing great etc. The feeding is still very sore and makes my toes curl when she latches on. Really hoping the breast feeding clinic today helps with these issues. I hate feeling like this, I'm supposed to be ecstatic and I am but it's tinged with these awful thoughts/feelings.

On another note, a question for those with girls... We were told that blood loss is normal for a baby girl (almost like getting her period) but how much blood and how long does it go on for? We are surprised at the amount in her nappies.

Agghh Ava has just finished feeding and done a massive poo so best I go change it. Will log on to PC tomorrow to do personals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sage: River is ok except for still screaming when she needs to poo. Breaks my heart. How are you and Tate going?

FTM: Aww thanks I think she is pretty cute too. Love the photo of Vale she is gorgeous!

Choccie: I never know what I've said either so don't worry. Hope you are doing well. Hope you are having a good night with Axle

Maybee: Sorry the blues are there hope they don't last long. I'm sure you are doing great and she will wake when hungry. Noone told me baby girls lose blood and River hasn't lost any so no idea. Can you ring your midwife if you are worried about Ava?

Might add a list to my post on page 1 with everyone and their bubs names when on comp next as when posting at stupid times of morning I sometimes forget names lol

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ToniS; 08-07-2013 at 03:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Thanks Sage

Tonight she slept from 7:30pm - 1:00am and I'm currently feeding her. She did wake every hour from 10:30pm crying that required re-settling by me. Longest stretch she's done in ages even if it was broken sleep.

Choccie ... uhmmmm jealous much??? I'm dying here! How do you get him to sleep 7-7??? You lucky thing!! What's your nigh time procedure? How old is Axel as well? Good on you hun
    Lol he sleeps well at night but not during the day but I much prefer it this way lol!
    I have always followed he SOS routines, so he gets bathed around 5.30-6pm then a bottle then bed by 7ish, dream feed at 10 or 10.30 and then need to put his dummy in about 3 or 4am and maybe a couple of times after that until 7! He doesn't go to sleep with a dummy at night but needs it during the day, weird! I'm happy to keep putting his dummy in so it teaches him to stretch through that time, in a couple of weeks I will add farex to his 7pm bottle as well!
    His routine goes out the window during the day, he still feeds at the right times according to the routine but the sleeping is all over the shop, I've just given up and go with the flow!
    He was 8 weeks old on Saturday
    Last edited by Chocciequeen; 08-07-2013 at 10:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe - I think the blues effect everyone, I thought mine wouldn't be as bad being baby number 2... I was wrong and it was worse!!!
    The feelings u are having are definitely the blues, I also had the same feelings, just make sure u cry it out and tell DH what u are feeling and then before u know it they are gone!!
    You are doing everything right and never doubt yourself, your baby would tell you if you were doing things wrong by crying!
    The happy times are just around the corner so hang in there!

In regards to the bleeding... I'm not sure what you mean, I never experienced that with dd?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My darling V slept from 7:30-7:30 with a feed at 1am. But she did grunt and cry out every hour after 10:30pm. I feel awful my poor possum. She was terribly constipated. I suspected so this morning and was helping her along and the biggest hardest poo came out while she was screaming her lungs out!! It's the first time I've cried with her. She was in a world of pain! Her poor little bottom was bleeding
    She went back down for a sleep and has been restfully sleeping ever since.
    I'm really happy my possum only woke once for a feed overnight.Poor thing. No wonder she was grunting and yelling out half the night!