Closed Thread
Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Choccie, sorry you and Axle are having so many issues. As if motherhood isn't hard enough, you get all this thrown at you as well.

Thanks for your comments in reflux. It seemed to me that about 75% of my DIG is saying their babies have reflux. I wasn't aware that it was so common, but perhaps it's more that most of them don't actually know what reflux is. I have no idea. Sienna throws up heaps after she feeds. The pediatrician says she's a happy chucker as she's never bothered by it. Clearly not reflux, thank god.

I hope you can get Axle's problems sorted out, to make things happier for all of you. I'm glad your MIL is there helping you. Take care

Here's a pic of Sienna. She was 8 weeks on Wednesday
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissXamA View Post
    Thank you Choccie and so many hugs to you - I don't know how you do it!! I am only just shy of 4 weeks and feel all I have done us whinge. So decided to stop posting until it gets better.
    I realised yesterday that this is just Chelsea and I need to accept that I am going to be up a lot during the nights.
    However really really trying to stick to the SOS routine as much as possible. Chelsea though doesn't want to eat the 25 mins one side, 15 the other. Tonight over about 50 mins we managed 20 mins one side, but then spent over an hour burping & she seemed to be in a bit of pain. This is the first time I am considering that maybe she has reflux? But I still think she is jut drinking too much as I try and make her do the 25 mins. As of last night, we decided to give EBM for the night milk, about 150mls and again, seemed to upset her a bit, but then DH made both us do the crying til she fell asleep and she then slept almost 3 hours!! Just all a bit confusing!
    My mum arrives tomorrow, so hopefully she can see if there is anything else we can try!!
    Again massive hugs Choccie xx
    You don't need to stop posting. We're all here for support. I hope things get a little easier and you get more sleep. Hopefully SOS works or at least some of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Miss X we do SOS routine too. But Ava has never fed for 25mins on one side. I only ever feed her until she stops. Burp her then change sides. I used to think the 25mins meant feed at the boob but I had people tell me that the feed time included burping... I don't know if this is right either. my advice would be to watch her cues for signs that she is finished or has wind and be less worried about time spent on the boob.

Please don't stop posting, that's what we are here for. It's a tough gig and don't feel you have to suffer in silence. As others have said, we can all offer support and advice and you can take what you want. Hugs to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Choccie I'm sorry things have been so tough for you with Axle. I have been thinking of you. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for you. You sound as though you are doing everything for him. I hope you get some relief soon. Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni how is River today? Poor little bubba being so unwell

Smurfy Sienna is adorable. Time goes quickly doesn't it?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! Slowly we are making progress with the new medication and a few new things we have tried. I have put him back onto normal goats formula yesterday rather than the prescription formula to see if he can handle it and so far so good, today is day two lol so I hope he doesn't go backwards :/.

Lil smurf - a chucky/spewy baby is not a baby with reflux, reflux is where the acid from the stomach comes back up the esophagus and burns, sometimes coming all the way up with spew. It's exactly what adults know as heart burn, just they can't tell us when it hurts! Axle has a weak sphincter flap which means the acid is not held down in the tummy until the flap strengthens, medication neutralizes the acid but having the right medication and right dosage is the key to stop inflammation and on going issues like food refusal. Hope that clears it up better?

The first sign of reflux for us was when axle was 6 weeks old and started crying to burp and after burping, like it was painful and he was trying to avoid it if that makes sense? He went onto medication then.

Poor DD has been soon neglected for the last month and a half! If I only had one kid to deal with it would be so hard but throw a toddler in there along with the rest of the household duties and things start to get tough that's for sure!

MissX - don't stop posting, post all the questions you need! If you don't ask you want have different opinions to consider!!

I'm on my phone and can't remember the other posts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilsmurf that is a awesome photo of Sienna!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree MissX keep posting.

Choccie I'm glad you are getting some help for Axle

My sick babygirl absolutely heartbreaking when they are unwell!

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a few weeks old now but the most recent one I have!!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1379912519.637639.jpg

This is DD all ready for her big concert on the weekend! Then at the concert with her bff!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1379912567.208525.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1379912588.971738.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni what's wrong with River? Axle caught dd cold and then they both have croup oh yay! Not lol!