Closed Thread
Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss X I'm there with you. Little Charlie is very colicy. It makes it hard when you loose sleep. I've been using some homeopathic medicine called Brauer Colic. It has helped.
    Just remember we are all just doing our best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissXamA View Post
    Welcome miss Faery! I too think I might get a LC out.... But just not sure if we have issues or if bub and I are not connecting well yet!

Been a tough week and thought we had a break through yesterday and today we are back to sleeping and wind issues.
    The other day I was so beyond tired and exhausted and was googling anything to help with wind! Found on the ABA website something about my fast supply being an issue. So I changed the position so that she was above my nipple and that she literally needed to suck my milk and that it wasn't flowing down her throat. Worked immediately!!! Sleeping better, would burp immediately an back to sleeping in 3 hour blocks. She would even go to sleep at bedtime without issues (previous nights she would have screaming matches and wouldn't settle until 9pm).
    Then from 3am this morning she has been up constantly with what seems to be wind again. Tearing my hair out!
    Not sure if she is having a growth spurt or if she has wind...
    My mum comes to visit next week, so I can't wait to have someone who has done this before to help me out and tell me if I am doing things right or wrong!
    Would be nice to have bub sleep the night through!!
    I'm not sure if it helps, but the community nurse told us if Sienna wasn't settled within an hour of a feed, to feed her again. This was when she was 2 weeks old, we were awake for hours on end. We were sure she had wind cos she wasn't settling. We followed the nurses advice, and now feed her hourly until she settles. This usually starts around 4:00 in the afternoon, she settles around 11ish, but then sleeps until around 7:00am. It seems Sienna just wanted to cluster feed so she could sleep through. She's been sleeping through most nights, since she was 3-4 weeks old.

You are not doing anything wrong. This is one massive learning experience. Babies can't tell you what they want, you just keep on guessing until something works. Your mum may be able to help, but that is not cos you're doing the wrong thing, just she has different ideas which may or may not help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Smurfy - I will give that a go. Last night was a tad bit better, but she still doesn't get into a deep sleep. She is constantly grunting and groaning, in and out of sleep and moves so much that she is able to kick her blankets off, even though she is in her gro-bag.
    In the SOS book, she recommends them at this age only sleeping like 2 hours at a time then waking to feed. I feel a little more awake today, so might give that a go and see if it also works!
    Right now I would give anything for her to sleep more than 1.5 hours during the night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hopefully her sleep improves soon.

Sienna had her 8 week needles today. She cried and I cried (very embarrassing, but I couldn't help it). She's been so unsettled since, I feel terrible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs mummy x

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE

You are not doing anything wrong. This is one massive learning experience. Babies can't tell you what they want, you just keep on guessing until something works. Your mum may be able to help, but that is not cos you're doing the wrong thing, just she has different ideas which may or may not help.[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said Smurfy.

Miss X it's not easy being a mummy, there's no manual and what works one day doesn't work the next. You are doing a great job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Hopefully her sleep improves soon.

Sienna had her 8 week needles today. She cried and I cried (very embarrassing, but I couldn't help it). She's been so unsettled since, I feel terrible
    Don't be embarrassed, lots of us cried. It's heartbreaking seeing and hearing them in pain. Could you try giving her Panadol to see if it helps her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissX this is a hard job I am sure you are going great and I hope the sleeping settles soon.

Smurfy I often think the needles are harder on mum than bub.

River is very weird and insists on having something over her face when sleeping. Have to be very careful to only have breathable material in her bed with her for those nights she breaks free of her wrap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies
    I'm sure I am doing well. DH reminds me that she has good colour, getting bigger and has plenty of wet/dirty nappies, so the basics are covered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Smurfy - the hourly feeds that Sienna has at night, for how long does she feed and is it both boobs each time?