Closed Thread
Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Sage - I'm/ we are going ok, sorry I haven't posted I don't have a spare 5 mins most days now as axle takes up so much of my time
    MIL arrives today to help, thank god, it seriously is extremely stressful!!!
    I'm doing the dream feed and my eyes are going to fall out of my head!
    This is something I came across

Parents through no fault of their own endure their own child’s screaming, squirming, spilling/vomiting, pain, excessive wind, sleep deprivation, feeding difficulties, dehydration and poor growth only to resort to medication, operations, alternative therapies, diet management and self help strategies to overcome a disease frequently misunderstood.

They doubt their abilities as parents, as mothers, as medical providers, nurturers, incubators, but still try to provide the educational, loving environment expected of a new parent. They trial advice from every possible avenue in order to ‘cure’ this debilitating disease through a cloud of misguided advice and negative comments from family, friends and professionals alike.

This is not how it was supposed to be.

Then an angel appears, sometimes in the form of a friend, a family member or a professional who really listens, acknowledges the difficulties, empathises, cuddles (both the baby and you), cooks, cleans or baby-sits and then the angel, that ‘needle in the haystack’, the angel who has walked that road before us, who offers advice and support derived from experience not textbooks. That feeling that you are not alone, you can survive, as can your marriage or relationship and that it doesn’t last forever.

And then, once the worst is past, that thought from the powerful force that is motherhood that enables us to risk enduring it all again for another beautiful, original, heart stopping masterpiece.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope having your MiL there helps Choccie

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lucy is now 13 weeks, and I still wrap her up firmly for sleep-time. If she does bust out of her wrap, she flails her little arms about and wakes herself up.
    She is still in her cradle. I put a sheet and waffle blanket over her, and also a woollen blanket. But it's still cold in Melbourne!!
    J.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

maybee baybee  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls! Thought I'd better join the group, its been a week since Charlie was born and we are settling well.
    Here is an updated pic of hi ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1379394863.980768.jpg

He isn't feeding on the breast yet, we are still having issues but I'm expressing several times a day and bottle feeding. I'm hoping he latches on soon, he seems to roll his tongue a lot.

I haven't yet had a chance to read back and get to update, s please forgive me. I had a spare five mins and thought I would jump n and say hi and I hope everyone is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome MsFaery. I hope Charlie's feeding improves soon. Are you seeing a lactation consultant or anyone that can help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smurfy - I've been seeing my midwife who is lactation trained however I'm looking into a lactation consultant, but I just wonder exactly what they do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    LilPetal saw someone through ABA, who checked bubs latch and determined that she had a tongue tie. I think she got that snipped which improved feeding. I think it was LilPetal.

I guess they just watch what you're doing and offer alternative positions which may help him latch, or look for reasons why he might be having trouble. Have you tried nipple shields to see if that helps him latch?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome MissFaery: hope you get the feeding sorted. Expressing is always an option but is exhausting

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Miss Faery! Charlie is a cutey. Good luck with feeding. I saw a lactation consultant a week after Ava was born and it was very beneficial. Mine was attached to the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome miss Faery! I too think I might get a LC out.... But just not sure if we have issues or if bub and I are not connecting well yet!

Been a tough week and thought we had a break through yesterday and today we are back to sleeping and wind issues.
    The other day I was so beyond tired and exhausted and was googling anything to help with wind! Found on the ABA website something about my fast supply being an issue. So I changed the position so that she was above my nipple and that she literally needed to suck my milk and that it wasn't flowing down her throat. Worked immediately!!! Sleeping better, would burp immediately an back to sleeping in 3 hour blocks. She would even go to sleep at bedtime without issues (previous nights she would have screaming matches and wouldn't settle until 9pm).
    Then from 3am this morning she has been up constantly with what seems to be wind again. Tearing my hair out!
    Not sure if she is having a growth spurt or if she has wind...
    My mum comes to visit next week, so I can't wait to have someone who has done this before to help me out and tell me if I am doing things right or wrong!
    Would be nice to have bub sleep the night through!!