Closed Thread
Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Miss X- sorry you're having a tough time. The early weeks can be so hard! Chelsea is still learning so it will take her time to figure out how to latch properly. Although by the sounds of it when she does latch she is being quite efficient as like Smurfy said, if she is gaining weight, has enough wet nappies and settling well then she's ok! Her tummy is only the size of a marble so if she's drinking well then it'll fill up really quickly!

FTM-lovely pics of Vale. Her eyes are huge!

Afm- Meadow is on another feeding frenzy tonight. Five mins after I've finished feeding her she's sticking her tongue out again wanting more! i don't really mind as its no bother to just sit and feed. But my nipples are getting a bit sore and want to get to sleep! so much to do tomorrow before we fly on Thursday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you ladies - she did just have a big drink and then a big sleep, so I guess she is all good!! Hope she starts sleeping through the night soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    FTM: River is doing well thanks for asking. Vale is just so adorable. Glad to hear you are both doing well. 17w has gone quick!

MissX: if she is gaining weight just keep feeding her when she wakes. If you have good flow she may be getting enough. But advice from ABA is to continue offering the same breast until its drained or the other side becomes painful.
    No good about your job. That's really bad timing! Oh your MiL sounds like she is acting horribly. Try ignore her and just enjoy Chelsea

Bond: can't believe you fly out on Thursday. Hope the flight goes well.

J: hope you and Lucy are doing well

We are doing ok. River woke up at 6 this morning and has happily played with her squirrel while I express. I didn't express overnight so will see how much I get lol

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss X sorry it's been a hard time for you. I promise it does get easier! Breastfeeding is challenging but as the others said it sounds like Chelsea is an efficient feeder. Bummer about the job too!

Bond - you leave tomorrow right? Hope you have a great time with your family! And I hope the flight with two kids is bearable

Toni hope expressing as successful!

AFM well Ava has worked out how to suck her thumb! She has been trying for a few days but I caught her last night while having a cuddle and this morning I catch her furiously sucking on her thumb in her bassinet. Noooo!!! Today when I saw her doing it I offered the dummy but she'd spit it out. I resorted to putting mittens on her 😳 Anyone have experience with a thumb sucker?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybee: river would suck her whole hand. She wouldn't take the dummy until 6weeks and then it's the avent nighttime which is pretty small. Maybe just persevere

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Had an odd morning this morning. She did ok through the night and then woke up at 4am and didn't get into a sleep until 1:30pm!!
    I am not sure if she had bad wind, even though I gave her infants friend (generally works) and then my left boob was getting so hard. She fed off it for about an hour and I was massaging as she was drinking. Then as I sat her up to burp, she brought so much up!! She fussed around for ages, so I put her back in the right boob and she drunk all and then fell asleep for 3.5 hours!!!
    Trying her back on the left boob now.
    This is hard business!!! Haha sucky thing is I know I am not looking after myself so dehydrated and not eating enough along with barely any sleep! Gave birth 2 weeks ago and I am already weighing less than my pre-pregnancy weight.
    DH bought the SOS book today, so hopefully we can get some hints from that!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss X it sure is tough no one could have prepared me for how difficult those first 6 weeks are. Try to look after yourself too. Keep up the water as hard as it is and make sure you eat. Try resting as much as you can. Maybe DH can take Chelsea for a walk/drive to let you catch up on sleep.
    I have followed the SOS routines loosely since Ava was 7wks. Some people don't agree with her routines but we have found they have helped give us stability and structure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Maybee: river would suck her whole hand. She wouldn't take the dummy until 6weeks and then it's the avent nighttime which is pretty small. Maybe just persevere

It started with her sucking her fist since last week. Then she had her pointer finger over her thumb and couldn't quite get her thumb in. But she has now worked out how to get the thumb in! Will definitely persevere with the dummy and removing the thumb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Miss X it sure is tough no one could have prepared me for how difficult those first 6 weeks are. Try to look after yourself too. Keep up the water as hard as it is and make sure you eat. Try resting as much as you can. Maybe DH can take Chelsea for a walk/drive to let you catch up on sleep.
    I have followed the SOS routines loosely since Ava was 7wks. Some people don't agree with her routines but we have found they have helped give us stability and structure.
    Thank you Maybee. Yes DH did offer to take her for the afternoon and let me sleep more, but I couldn't sleep anymore! I am expressing just a little extra each feed and then on the weekend he will take her more.
    DH is going through the SOS book now and letting me know little bits and pieces as he goes along.
    Eh, I am so in love with her but my god!!! I just want to get this feeding and sleeping right! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and to add more about DH's family... Just found out via Facebook that his sister and bro in-law are in town.... Yet they haven't called to say they are coming to meet their neice!
    His family have seriously gone loco lately!!! Lol