Closed Thread
Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Choccie - Axle is so gorgeous, and I love his little growsuit ^.^ Bit of a bugger about the fussiness. Hopefully he's feeling better now. I find that a day or so of fussiness and usually they're back to their perky selves so hope he's just like my boys that way

ToniS - Wonder weeks are weeks where our bubs have mental leaps. Similar to growth spurts, but for mental abilities rather than growth. They generally cause fussiness, sleeplessness and general topsy-turveyness! They can be really frustrating if you don't know what's going on because it might seem like you have a really fussy baby when really it's just that they're able to do things that they weren't before.

The app that I have tells you when they're due and what changes they will make in your bub. So far it's been spot on every time for Flynn. The reason they can predict them so closely is because it's tied to physiological growth. So for example we know that at approximately 8 weeks gestation is when the heart develops in a baby. Mental leaps are very similar in that way. They know roughly when different things will occur and what they'll be able to do once they have because most babies have leaps around the same time and exhibit similar abilities after the leaps.
    The leap that Flynn is in now is supposed to give him the ability to move more smoothly and start being more 'musical' or active with his voice and that's certainly happened this week. He makes all sorts of sing-song goo and gaa noises now.

Nila - I'm much the same. DH is home full time and it's taken me a bit to accept that he can take care of Flynn just as well as I can. He didn't have to do that much with DS1 because he was on night shift so I did everything. On the chiro note, I think I might have to take Flynn to see one because he seems to be favouring one side too. How much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

maybee baybee - It's great to hear that Ava is feeding ok even if you do have to wake her up. Flynn was a pest when he was a freshie, I had to wake him up to feed him and constantly wake him up WHILE he fed because he'd fall right back asleep again the second he'd sucked a few times *chuckle*. Hydrogel breast disks are MAGIC! I was given some in the hospital, I think the ones I got were called Mother's Mates. Anyway, they were reusable and I used them for the first week or so. Absolute bliss, I'd recommend them to any BFing mum.

AFM I still haven't managed to work out which feeds Flynn is just comfort sucking for. I *think* it's the 1am feed because I've fed him by 12 and normally even in the day he'll go at least 2 hours before he feeds again. Everyone else says he should be able to go 3-4 hours now but I've seen no evidence of that. He likes his food too much!
    But I really need to start convincing him that comfort sucking isn't needed to get back to sleep. It's hard though, generally I don't actually wake up completely for the night feeds so I think in my sleep fog I'm just putting him into bed with me to have a cuddle and without thinking I give him a boob to suck on. I'm sure not helping myself .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    Choccie he is so gorgeous!!

Toni that's a pretty good weight gain! And take full advantage of your parents while they are there with you!

i would love to take a 5 hour nap but I'm being a bit to much like mother bear so I need to so everything I am having a really bad problem with sharing the twins...I really must let go and let hubby do somethings while I have him home
    I can understand not wanting to share the babies, I don't want to share River but know that mum and dad are only here for a limited time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    Good on u Toni make the most of it!!

Nila I bet you have ur work cut out for u now without a full house of children and babies!!

Axle had his second visit to chiro this morning and she had to align his spine in two bits and one side of his neck, he was actually favoring one side and now he isn't! Highly recommend going for a visit if bub is a bit unsettled like my little monkey!! Who has just slept for 2.5hrs!!!

FTM how are you going??

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
    Glad the chiro is helping Axle, must be a relief when he sleeps.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Choccie Axle is a cutey! Maybe he likes injections. Lol. I'm interested in taking Ava to see the chiro in a few weeks time so I'm glad to hear you think it's helped Axle.

Toni that's great that River has gained weight. And how awesome to get 5hrs straight of sleep! I get excited if I get 2hrs

Nila I understand what you mean about bring mother bear. DH is really hands on and helps out. I'm trying not to parent him and tell him what needs doing and how. Heck I'm a first timer too and don't know what I'm really doing lol

FTM how is Vale's sleeping now?

Eko hello! Wow Flynn is 3mths old already. My how time flies.

We are doing well. Ava is feeding every 4hrs, I have to wake her otherwise she would just sleep! The pain is subsiding with feeding but still there. I'm using hydrogel breast discs which is helping. We are going to see a lactation consultant on Monday which I'm looking forward to.
    Good luck at the lactation consultant I hope they can help you.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eko: thanks for explaining wonder weeks, which app do you use? I hope you can work out the feeding so you get longer stretches between feeds.

AFM: Went to pediatrician today. River has grown 4cm to go with her big weight gain which is awesome. The pediatrician has said if she won't latch and its exhausting or upsetting me to stop trying to attach to the breast and just express. Have purchased an electric pump now so hopefully that will be here next week. River also needs an echocardiogram hopefully next week as there is a murmur, the pediatrician said its probably nothing but wants it checked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eko and Maybe great personals!!! I cannot find the time with two kiddies to hop on the computer and do great ones like that!!! Maybe when Axle is older lol!

Toni - I downloaded the app as well, it's called 'wonder weeks' I think there is a small charge.

So we have had to put Axle into 00 clothes.... Umm he is only 8 weeks old and the tags say 3-6 months ... I have a giant baby lol!! I wish he would stop drinking so much milk and a tin of formula at $30 doesn't even last 6 days!!! Little piggy lol!
    I brought axle a new swaddle yesterday called 'love to dream' as he like to sleep with his hand beside his head, seems good so far! He hates being wrapped tightly as he needs to have access to his hands, he likes to suck then through the wrap, I keep persisting with a dummy as I don't want a hand sucker but it seems everyday he hates the dummy more and more!
    Oh and no instead of crying because he doesn't want to burp (meds fixed this) he now cries when the bottle is taken out of his mouth! I had to let him drink 60mls (normally 30-40mls) today before burping just ridiculous lol!

Anyways in off to have a shower and wash my hair!! The things we take for granted before a baby comes along lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had DH 's aunts funeral today and Miss V was a perfect angel. She makes a darn mockery of me. No one believed she drives me nuts sometimes with her lack of sleep. She slept all through the funeral. Then fed and slept all through the congregation afterwards. Then fed and slept all through the car ride home which was about 2 hours. Then fed at the in laws and slept for 3.5 hours!! I had to wake her as it was getting late. fed her again, drove home, had a bath and she is now asleep. Wonder how long ill get?? Off to sleep while she is and will be back for personals at the next feed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks choccie. Hope the new swaddle works. Hope you enjoyed your shower.

FTM I hope Vale gave you a nice long sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pooh it wasn't to be. I got 2.5 hours sleep and then 2 hours more and here I am. Seems the ocean air made her hungry! Sooooo tired and hanging to go back to bed. Zzzz ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I think the baby blues hit me tonight... Who knew eating tacos for dinner could reduce me to floods of tears!! Poor DH didn't know what the hell was going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh lol maybe aren't they horrible!! I could feel them arriving this time and warned DH to expect tears lol! 5-7 days and they will be gone!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope they don't hang around to long. I tried warning DP when I felt them coming but he thought I was generalising when most people get them and told me not everyone gets them