Closed Thread
Page 53 of 94 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    FTM I keep getting the SOS book out but haven't brought myself to implement the routines yet. While she's doing her own thing and its not too bad just yet I'll hold off. The last few days have been a bit off but I think it's cause she's got a cold and had problems with wind and is so snotty. I have tried the dream feed but she still wakes at least once (sometimes twice) throughout the night for feeding which is manageable.

Looney I haven't had this with Ava. Perhaps he is setting a routine of his own. Great that he is sleeping that long through the night!

Toni I bet it's nice having DP home. I bet he missed you and River lots.

Lil Smurfy great weight gain by Sienna. How are you doing with DH at work?

Nila glad your paed apt went well. Sorry DH hasn't been more understanding. You are doing an amazing job with twins and two toddlers. I can't begin to imagine how challenging it would be.

J hope you and Oscar are feeling better to enjoy your holiday. Your Grandma sounds delightful. Glad that bf is going well for you and Lucy.

Eko good luck with returning to work on Monday. I'm sure if Flynn is hungry enough he'll take the formula. As you said it might just have been he screwed his face up because it was initially different. Good on you for expressing at work. There is nowhere at my work to express except in the toilet and I don't fancy spending my lunch break in the dunny!

Hi to Sage, Felh, Choccie and Lil Petal

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybee:: I hope you and Ava feel better soon. Hope she gives you some sleep tonight. DP missed River a lot.

FTM: glad the pear puree is helping Vale and that she enjoys it. Reunion with DP was great and he is home now until 3rd Sept :-D

Loony: that's great if Lucas is trying to set a routine.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM River is doing well but I feel like a terrible mummy tonight. River was fussing and not eating properly early and screaming so we thought she was just cranky. DP took her so I could sleep for an hour. Tried feeding her again. Git frustrated and DP asked if it was the teat. I checked it and it was blocked. Poor bubba was hungry and couldn't eat :-(

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ToniS; 11-08-2013 at 00:25.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mummy guilt is terrible. Don't feel bad Toni, it's an easy mistake to make. I hope River was settled after her bottle and I'm sure she forgives you.

So pleased with my little girl. She slept in her swing from 6:30-10pm. I had to wake her for a feed and back in bed by 11:30pm. Fed at 3:45am and back in bed by 4:30 and is still sound asleep now after 8am. She must have been stuffed from having very little sleep yesterday. She's still really snotty and snuffly but seems much more content. I'm using a saline spray and nasal aspirator to help clear her nose, she doesn't mind me doing it either.

Looney good luck today with getting to the parties with all 3 kids on your own and hope you work something out with feeding Lucas

6. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Loony, good luck today, I hope everything goes smoothly. Hopefully Lucas' night time freak out sessions don't stick around for too long. Sienna does similar at times, but there's no set time to it. Last night was from 1:00am to 2:00am

Maybe, I'm glad Ava slept better. Hopefully she gets over her cold soon. Poor little thing.

Toni, that's great that DP is home for a little while. Mummy guilt is terrible. It's unfortunate that we don't just know what they want. It's hard to guess.

Eko, good luck tomorrow. I hope you and Flynn both cope ok

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    J: great pics, hope your feeling better and your grandma sounds so sweet.

Maybee: I have the SOS book 2and was reading bits while pregnant, but like you I haven't needed to implement it coz I think Lucas has made up his own routine and that's working at the moment. All of my kids have been good nite sleepers. Ds1 was the best he would feed at 11-12 and then I would have to wake him up at 7am. Lucas will only sleep for 5-6 hours and if I try and touch him to check his nappy that's it his up and wants food. Thanks for the luck, it wasn't to bad really the worst part was watching time tick by getting closer to Lucas feed time and the party food hasn't been coked yet.

Eko: good luck 2day. Flynn will be fine bubs always are. It's the parents that are the emotional wreck. I would suggest calling to check how he is going during the day so you can put your mind at ease. Sending you a big hug for today, your going to need it. OxO. Will be thinking of you today.

Toni, glad dp is home now and how lucky for him to be home for his first Father's Day.

Smurfy: with Lucas in trying to get the day feeds to line up with a 7pm & 11 pm. So I may only give him a 3hour gap instead of a 4 iykwim.

AFM: where do I start all weekend crazy mess was ok in the end but was bit hard on me with trying to express enough coz all I could get was 30 mls and mr L was not happy with that little amount. Saturday 1party was the worst coz it took 4 ever to get the food/ cake out so I was waiting for to long to feed mr L. It defiantly hurt like crazy as both sides were ready to explode. Sunday the 2party wasn't to bad I gave mr a top up before we left and had the 30mls expressed with me just incase. That party was great everything ran on time and was out of their by 2hours on way to nxt party. At nxt party mr L was upset when we arrived as it had been 3hours since his last feed. I was a bit stressed coz we were at a park. My sis helped me to set up a space where we used the prams to make a little privacy area and I feed mr L. I was so pleased with myself for being able to feed out. Once we got home it hit me I had so much pain in my left boob, so I think from the weekend I have given myself mastitis. I'm getting sick , it absolutely kills up under my armpit and down towards my nipple fells like I have been king hit. I think where I went wrong is wearing a bra, it felt all good in the morning but by 5pm was not good. Anyway best be off have to get up and help DH with kids/tidy up coz today I have my boss coming to visit. Hope everyone has a good day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybee: great sleep from Ava, hope she repeated that last night.

Loony: sounds like you did a great job. Ouch about mastitis hope that doesnt last.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Off to pead this morning, will find out if I need to maintain this diet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Loony, I hope the mastitis doesn't hang around for long

Toni, good luck with Paed appointment

I have a checkup at ob today. DH is in day shift this week, but mum has the week off, so will be spending a bit of time with her

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls I just had a visit from community nurse and she said get to gp asap and get antibiotics. Better to be safe and catch it in early stages. So I will have to fit dr into my day 2day aswell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!! Sorry I have been mia... In laws have been here, MIL is still here, hubby flew to Perth last night for a course for 3 days and Axle is once again going me grief!
    Here I was waiting for this magic 12 weeks to come and him to be able to sort his wind problems out... Which has come and gone by a week and he is still struggling! We ha some success but now we are going backwards again, he is refusing to feed and I'm lucky to get 100mls in him, it's like he wants his bottle but starts sucking and pulls his head away or put his head into my chest to get away from it, but then cries cause he wants it, by god it is frustrating and I'm at my wits end on what to try next!!! He did get a bit of dd cold which has not helped the night time sleeping. Durin the day he is ready to go back to bed after only being awake an hour!! Far out babies are hard lol