Closed Thread
Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It seems I'm always doing a flying visit in here. Ah well, quick catch up

I go back to work on Monday and the thing that's been bothering me the most is whether or not I'll be able to pump enough for Flynn while I'm at work. In the past I'd be able to get around 100-120ml per pumping session but I backed right off on pumping because our freezer was getting full of milk (it's only little lol).

We've since used the larger containers to save space and I am using bags to freeze which take up less room. But now when I pump I get between 30 and 60ml at best . And that's usually in a half hour of pumping on one side. I can't do both sides because obviously he needs to feed from the other side not long afterwards.
    So I went and bought a tin of formula because several people have said to me that their biggest problem has been bubs not liking the taste of it after BFing for ages. Of course, he pulled a face and wasn't really interested.

So now I'm freaking out that if for whatever reason I can't get enough milk he'll go hungry because he doesn't like formula. Bit of a drama queen reaction, he's only tried the one formula once and hasn't had the chance to get used to the taste yet. But still, it's hard enough with the mummy guilt to have the stress of worrying that he won't be eating enough because I have to go back to work! I only have three opportunities to pump while I'm at work and if I don't get enough for a full feed each time I'm really going to be in trouble.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hopefully if he's hungry enough, he'll take the formula. It could be, if it was you trying to give it to him, he wouldn't take it because he knows he can feed from you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    EKO,
    Smurfy maybe right FLynn. Try and see if DH can feed him. Fx it all goes well. I feel the same at the moment with trying to keep up and having do much going on at home with visitors and dd having things on at school.

👋 Hi sage, Lil petal, Nila,
    Hope your all doing well and all your bubs are being good 😃

Toni,
    hopefully river is sound asleep and so are u

Smurfy,
    So happy that little sienna has put on weight. That's great I'm very happy for you now you can stop stressing

Maybee,
    😟 Not good hopefully no more vomiting. I hopefully will be able to ask mil if she could help out but if not I guess I just try feed him in car?? Oh well hopefully Lucas cooperates nicely and is due/has a feed b4we go that will give me atleast 4hours

FTM,
    Wow 12 weeks already that has gone so fast.

Gotta go chat more later

Thanks
    Reviews
    In QLD visiting my Grandma...will catch up soon. Just wanted to wish you all lovely hugs.
    J xx.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I cannot sleep, so thought I'd do a quick post...In QLD visiting my Grandma; the flight up was a bit of a nightmare with the 2 of them on my own...had to change Lucy twice, and then Oscar wet through his jeans, so had to change them in that micro-toilet on the plane, and Oscar was not at all co-operative. Then he got sooky and wanted to sit on my knee, which he obviously couldn't because Lucy was there, which caused all manner of drama!!
    I am having a lovely time drinking endless cups of tea, and Grandma is doting on the two of them big-time! She is 81, but a really good 81...her house is spotless, she drives better than me!!, she dresses well, and cooks very well. Hope I get her good genes (her parents grew up in the bush near Mildura...hardy stock!!).
    However, Oscar and I are really sick. We both have fevers over 39 degrees, chills, wheezing coughs, and headache. So I am struggling to sleep in between feeds because I feel so crook!! Nothing I can really do except take regular paracetamol, and give Oscar regular paracetamol, and plenty of fluids. Viral illnesses can be nasty, and very little, except time, can be done. Thank God Lucy doesn't have it...probably because she is getting my antibodies in breast milk. I hope that is enough to keep it at bay.

Nila...your situation sounds serious. Hubby should not be yelling at you or the kids, that's just not on. You must be firm with him. I am sure he doesn't want to lose you.

Toni...in most cases a patent FO will close with time, and just requires monitoring. Best of luck for little River. I assume it's asymptomatic now?

Will post more later. Eko, I never had any success with expressing either; that was with Oscar, even though I had heaps of milk. Not sure if a different pump would help?

Lucy still feeds like a champion, bless her. For this, I am VERY grateful. I hear horror stories from women who really struggle to BF, and I feel for them.

J xx.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eko: I'm sure Flynn won't starve. Good luck expressing.

J: nice to see you. The pics of Oscar and Lucy are lovely. Hope you enjoy your holiday and that you and Oscar are better soon.
    If asymptomatic means having no symptoms then yes.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone going?

Ava and I both have colds. Ava is so snuffly and sounds all congested. She was so unsettled last night. Was wide awake from 7:30-11pm, grizzling. Fed at 2:30am. She would fall asleep in my arms but then scream when put in her bassinet. Finally gave in at 4am but was awake for a feed again at 6:45am. And has been screaming for much of today. She has finally fallen asleep in our bed, I don't dare move her. I hope it was just a once off, DH is on night shift again and I'm not looking forward to another night of being alone if she's so upset.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Smurfy yay for Sienna's weight gain! Hope she continues to put on weight for you. I moved Vale into her room at 2 weeks because I couldn't handle her snorting while sleeping!

Toni hope the reunion with DH was lovely for you both! How's River doing lately?

Nila I seriously don't know how you do it hun. My goodness you deserve a medal! I hope the twins are letting you sleep a little more
    Vale is also going through her 12 week wonder week but knock on wood it's been ok. She's waking an hour earlier than usual to feed but no biggie. She sleeps from 9-4:30 usually but she's been waking at 2:30 for her dummy and then at 3:30 for a feed lately. Also napping much more frequently too.

Eko I really hope you can sort out how to make it work for you and bubs. Huge hugs hun

How are you and bubs doing Loony?

J hope you're enjoying your time with grandma

Naw Maybee I hope you're both feeling better ASAP! You poor things
    Hope Ava gives you better sleep blocks.
    Btw did you try any of the SOS?

Hi to anyone I missed

We're doing good. On the advice of my GP we've started Vale on pear purée to help her poop as she has major problems with that thanks to the AR formula. She only has about 2-3 teaspoons once a day but boy does she love it! She laps it up and swallows it like a piggy. I've watched babies 6 months old eat and spit half the contents of the spoon out but not Vale. She can't shovel it in quick enough! So cute, it's helping her poop too so I'm happy about that. She's only gained 200gms in about 2 weeks but I'm not going to worry as she's on track for her age and her birth weight. She's grown 8cms since she was born
    She's really clever too. She grasps her rattle and chews on it and shakes it around. I love watching her. She's a super happy baby. I can put her in her bassinet and she'll happily put herself to sleep. I'm very blessed to have her. She's awesome

Ok enough of my dribbling on. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

maybee baybee  (10-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    J, I hope you enjoy visiting your grandma. Hopefully you and Oscar are better soon. Cute pics of your kids.

Maybe, I hope you and Ava are better soon and you both sleep better tonight.

FTM, that's great the Vale is enjoying her pear. That's fantastic that she's a happy baby.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (10-08-2013),maybee baybee  (10-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think my little man (his only 12 days old today) is starting to put himself into a routine coz every nite at 7pm and 11pm for the last 3nights he has cracked it, tried to eat me and dh or who/what ever gets near him and the only way he stops is when I feed him even is I have just feed him 1 hour before. Has anyone else bubs started doing this??
    I demand feed him during the day but only let him get to 4 hours between feeds and then at night he has a 5-6hour gap.