Closed Thread
Page 49 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Toni, I'm sure you'll do great on your own, without your friend there.

Maybee, I hope you feel better soon, and the fussy feeding improves

LilPetal, hopefully the ABA can give you some suggestions

I'm feeling nice and refreshed today. My little princess slept from 1:00am to 7:30am.
    Last edited by Lil Smurfy; 07-08-2013 at 10:53.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

maybee baybee  (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybee,
    the 2 party are only 10-15 drive from home I'm more worried about having to leave to feed Lucas as I don't want to leave ds1 on his own. He wouldn't care its more me worrying if he needs/wants something and coz I used to work full time I don't know any of the parents except for the polite hi in morn/arvo.

Hi 👋 Smurfy, J, Choccie, nila and everyone else that I missed (sorry)

Toni,
    monitoring is good then, hope river is all good by her nxt visit.

Lil petal,
    how did the visit to aba go? Any good info u could pass on? Hopefully they have given you some info to help with miss Eli's fussy feeding.

Sage,
    Im not so sure on the awsome part more like crazy but we will see how we go. If DH wasn't busy he would be doing all the run around but I felt really bad when we had already RSVP to ds1 two party invited and then realises DH was working at the exact same time. I couldn't tell ds1that he can't go so I have to suck it up and pull it all together and hopefully survive the week and weekend.

Afm:
    Mr Lucas likes to feed a 3-4 hourly Gap during the day and then he lets me sleep 5-6 hours at night. He usually has his last feed around midnight so I'm very happy with him😘 letting me rest. Hope your all having a great day with your bubbas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so went to the ABA today. They have a drop in lounge every Wednesday morning. If any other Sydney based mums want details about this let me know because they are brilliant

Anyway I feed with a nipple shield (flat nipples) and Eliana fusses around taking ages to feed and dribbling milk out of her mouth while feeding as well as the slow weight gain. Turns out she has a tongue tie which is stopping her from sucking effectively so she is not swallowing enough milk. I now have an appointment to get it sniped on Monday and follow up immediately after with a lactation consultant to improve her feeding. So relieved to know what it is. I am pumping and feeding EBM after every feed until Monday. Hopefully this will fix her weight issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    LilPetal, that's great that you have answers now. Did you have to join ABA to be able to use their services?

Thanks
    Reviews
    LilPetal: great that they found that. River had that and it helped her a little bit but we had other issues so I'm sure it will help you

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sage. I don't have any pain or lumps its just a stupid head cold but I will keep an eye on it just in case. Today was horrible. She keeps screaming when she pulls off or I take her off. I can't tell if its wind or frustration. She screamed the house down at David Jones' parents room! Arrrggghhh

Awesome sleep Lil Smurfy! I bet you feel soooo good. A solid block of 5-6hrs is heaven. I wish it was more regular.

Looneylea I understand your predicament. Could you ask someone else to take ds1 to the party? A grandparent perhaps...

Lil Petal what a relief to know what the problem is. I hope it helps with Eliana's weight. I'm not in Sydney but might look into the Melbourne service. I have phoned the support line a couple of times and they've always been helpful. Are you a member?

Toni how are you today on your own?

FTM - thinking of you and wondering how you are?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Smurfy - I am an ABA member but not sure if you have to be to go there. They helped me with DD1 too.

Toni- DD1 was tongue tie as well(it seems I only produce tongue tie kids but hers was severe and very obvious. I really am hoping it helps. I went on to feed DD1 for 11 months and it might sound silly but I feel an obligation to feed DD2 for the same length of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybee: I'm doing ok. Its stressful when she is screaming and inconsolable and I need to express. Other than that doing ok. Thanks for asking.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sage going out with everyone is a little bit of a challenge specially when ds1 doesn't feel like walking!! When I go to drop off and pick up ds1 at kindy I have one baby and ds2 (2yr old) and I carry the other baby in my ergo while ds1 walks
    I haven't actually gone out to the mall with everyone by myself yet as It would completely stress me out. Things like the supermarket I either wait for dh to have a day off of I order online which has causes a little bit of an issue cause now I'm a little addicted to online shopping haha!! I am so glad supermarket can now be delivered

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH left for work at 1:30. Since then, Sienna has only slept for 2 hours. I'm going just a little nuts now. I've fed her so much, she couldn't possibly be hungry. My mum downloaded classical music for babies onto my phone. I've got that playing in the hope that she'll fall asleep. Can't wait for DH to get home