Closed Thread
Page 48 of 94 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Loony your weekend sounds very hectic!! I would dream of doing that much by myself I struggle to get all kids out specially in the am when I need to take ds1 to school...in terms of expressing I normally express before I leave or right when I come back home if I'm gonna be out on feeding times.

Toni I hope river gets better the boys never had a reaction to the needles so I have been lucky...will the hole in her heart close eventually?

Choccie omg that looks gorgeous hope you had a blast on the boat

J Lucy is so gorgeous, her cheeks are just so squeezable haha

Eko sucks that its already time to go back to work!! But it's good that dh can take care of the little one and that ds1 enjoys child care!

Maybee my little girl can get quite fussy during feeding times mainly during the day though at night she won't fuss at much...Abby an take up to an hour to eat cause you have to keep stopping!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Still following but finding it hard to reply. Ava is fussing at feeds requiring my full attention which is when I'd normally post. Will try to get on laptop later today and do personals.

Anyone else have a fussy feeder?
    Sienna has been a pain to feed today. She latches and then just lays there, or she sticks her hands in the way, so she's hard to feed.

We had a nurse come to check on her today. She's only gained 100g since we left hospital 8 days ago, and is still 200g off birth weight. They are coming back on Thursday to reweigh her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    River has Patent Foramen Ovale. An 8mm hole between the collecting valves in the heart. All babies have this before birth and it takes varying amounts of time to close but we have to go back in the new year because they recheck anything above 3.5mm

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Hopefully it has improved by the time you get it checked again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    River has Patent Foramen Ovale. An 8mm hole between the collecting valves in the heart. All babies have this before birth and it takes varying amounts of time to close but we have to go back in the new year because they recheck anything above 3.5mm

So is this something that won't trouble her, they'll just monitor it? Sorry for my ignorance. How did she and you cope with immunisations? Glad to hear thrush is clearing up. How are you going without DP? I hope Friday comes around quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccie your pics look devine. Hope you enjoyed yourself!

Nila I'm sure your toddlers keep you on your toes. Wow the twins are 6wks already, the time goes quickly!

Looney - sounds as though you have a busy wend ahead of you. Well done on even contemplating going alone with 3 kids and breastfeeding. If you're close to home it might not be so bad.

Lil Smurfy - Great sleeping from Sienna. Ava is often wide awake between 7-11pm but will sleep until 5-6am. How are you going with DH back at work? Thanks for the idea. I'm getting a stubby holder with Ava's footprints on it. And maybe a photo of her in a special frame. Hopefully Sienna has put on more weight by Thursday.

FTM - how are you going after your fight with family? I hope you and Vale are both well.

Hi to J, Lil Petal, Sage, Eko...

Cute baby pics from everyone!

As for fussing I saw a lactation consultant today. She thinks I have a fast let down to begin and then Ava is getting frustrated as she waits for further let downs. She tugs and pulls and uses her fists. I have to pull her off, burp her or change sides when this happens. Or it could just be a growth spurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So far I'm coping ok with DH back at work. Sienna has been really good, which makes it a bit easier. I think I'll struggle more next week, when he's doing day shift.

Maybe, did they give you any ideas to make feeding easier?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nila: the hole should close but no idea how long that takes. He said some people will go their whole lives with a pinprick hole which is fine so its just the size.

Lil Smurfy: hope you figure out Sienna's feeding and that she puts more weight on by Thursday. Its always stressful until they hit their birth weight. Glad you are doing alright with DH working. I'm sure you will do fine with him on day shift.

Maybee: does changing sides help with Ava? Did your LC give you any tips?

Yes they will just monitor Rivers heart. Imminisations went ok, she was a bit sleepy and then unsettled overnight but ok. Doing ok without DP but my friend leaves today so will see how I go completely alone. I best get used to it as will happen more often between Sept and Jan.

Hi everyone else.

Last edited by ToniS; 07-08-2013 at 02:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybee - Eli us fussing at feeds too. I am heading to the breastfeeding association drop in morning tomorrow to ask for help so will let you know what they say.

Toni - hopefully Rivers hole closes quickly. Good to know they are keeping an eye on it.

Lil Smurfy - we are also having some weight issues with Eliana. She has only out on 400g in the last 4 1/2 weeks. It's strange because she does plenty of wet nappies and settles after a feed so not sure what's going on.

Toni- glad you are coping without your DH. Mine will likely go away for work soon and I know I am going to be scared looking after both girls myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Smurfy glad you're going ok. I think you'll surprise yourself with how well you'll cope on your own. Just remember Sienna will be a little older and you will be a little more wiser and confident.

Toni glad to hear River wasn't too bad after her immunisations. I too think you'll surprise yourself with how you go on your own.

Lil Petal please do share what the ABA say. It's most frustrating. Hope Eli's weight issue is resolved and you get some tips on her fussy feeding

She only really offered the tips of burping more frequently, taking her off when she is tugging and swap sides or burp her. It happens on both sides so swapping doesn't help but it does temporarily distract her. She's also bringing up excess milk. And she suggested not expressing unless I need to as it is just increasing my supply. So much guesswork with bf.

I'm coming down with a cold, feels like I've swallowed razor blades. I'm trying not to sneeze all over Ava and not kiss her too much as I don't want her getting sick. We had a busy day planned so we'll see how we go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe you don't have any lumps or pain in your beasts? I know it's silly but a cold/flu is a symptom of mastitis?

With fussing if you have a quick let down, I uses to pull the little man off and hand express into a towel until it was t squirting and chocking him. He just needed to grow bigger to cope with it. I also didn't express at all until last week as I had too much milk. I only express for comfort now he is sleeping longer. Oversupply can be problematic, like under supply can be

Toni glad they are monitoring river. You are doing amazingly with dp away.

J Lucy is sooo cute, how are you going?

Choccie love the photos hope you had a nice date with dh!

Nila you are doing an amazing job. How do you go going out? How do you carry everyone? I can't imagine doing that.

Loony that's awesome you are taking the three kids out and about. Makes me think one day I may be able to do it.

Lil petal I think breastfed bubs put on different weight to formula bubs and growth curve at mchn isn't the right one. There is a link in the forum somewhere to a breastfeeding one.

Lilsmurfy sounds like you are doing an amazing job. With weight. We had a problem the week we came home as little man lost too much weight too. We did heaps of skin to skin contact and a couple of days in bed. Plus feeding as often as he wanted.

Afm going to keep coming back and editing this post
    Last edited by SageS; 07-08-2013 at 09:31.