Closed Thread
Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone been reading when I can hope you and all your precious bubs are well ox

Toni- lol this breastfeeding job is hard work in beginning. Just got seated to eat dinner and Lucas starts to cry and fuss for a feed DH took him and tried to settle him so I could have at least 1/2 of my dinner. I'm so spoilt with my DH. Glad your 6wk check up went well interesting u got asked about DTD glad yours went ok I'm scared but I guess when it happens it will happen. Thanks for adding me and Lucas to the list

Maybee- tell me about the washing poor DH did 3loads yesterday and I already have 1/2 a load ready again.
    My dd is 8 (little mum) and ds1 is 5 ( partners in crime to be.) if I get 5seconds 2morrow I will upload a pic for u. Lucas has settled in I now just worry with every little noise he makes when his asleep worried his choking or something. Ava is such a cutie with that smile. Hopefully your having a better night tonight.
    With dd and ds1 gp checked both of us. And will be same with Lucas when we get to that time.

Afm: been busy trying to get dd ready for school, ds1 occupied during the day time, also rest when I can, help around house and support DH who has a massive UNi assignment due 2morrow poor DH has been up all day studding/helping me with Lucas and ds1 during day and when he finally comes to bed late at night helps where he can with Lucas again.
    We have SIL family coming to stay on the weekend my parents are visiting again and then my boss from work may pop in on Sunday. So crazy busy weekend ahead. Can't believe Lucas will be one week old on Sunday so that's another thing have to take him to GP for his check up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, just a quick post and ill catch up later!
    I have a tummy time question ... Axle is 3 months old tomorrow and cannot lift his head up while on tummy, main reason is because he hates it and previously due to the wind problems would just scream on his belly, now he can last about 30 secs before crying lol, he can hold his head up really well when sitting in a bumbo etc, should I be concerned??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Toni, thanks for the run down on the 6 wk check up. Condoms sound like the best option, if you're worried about hormones stuffing around with your body.

Maybe, Ava is adorable. Sounds like you got some good sleep in

Loony, sounds like things are quite hectic there. That's great that DH is so helpful, even though he's got uni stuff to do. The washing seems never ending at the moment.

Choccie, I have no idea regarding tummy time.

AFM, another good night. Sienna only woke once. She slept 8:30-1:45, then 3:00 to 8:30. Pretty happy mummy and daddy here.
    Last edited by Lil Smurfy; 02-08-2013 at 10:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smurfy-
    Defiantly crazy central. Hopefully things will start settling down soon once everyone has meet Lucas. So over washing at the moment. Lucas is so confusing at the moment, if I let him feed till he falls asleep he tends to vomit more but if I pull him off after 25-30 min he then won't settle on his own, so we doing the lots of washing option. Lucky my sis just gave me 3 huggies box of clothes 4xo up to 0. Glad your getting some more sleep and sienna seems to be getting herself into a routine.

Choccie- try letting axle Lay on ur tummy ( tummy to tummy iykwim) that way he may feel a bit more secure and may help axle Get used to tummy time without getting 2stressed out. U could also lay with him and interact so when he lifts his head up he sees you, or a mirror for him to look at as well. I would start with u with him that way you can talk to him to help settle him. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loony: I'm glad that DH is helpful. You do sound crazy busy. We haven't had many visitors at all. I don't have many friends up here and most of DP's haven't bothered

Choccie: I agree with Loony, try having him on you and see if he lifts his head.

Smurfy: Glad Sienna is sleeping well, hope she keeps that up for you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (02-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Loony - trust me I have tried everything!! He can support his own head fine when sitting up or in bumbo etc, its just tummy time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    Thanks Loony - trust me I have tried everything!! He can support his own head fine when sitting up or in bumbo etc, its just tummy time!
    For some bubs its just something they don't like to do. In my last few weeks at work I had a bub that would do the same but she was 8 months she would scream as if she had been badly injured, with a little time each day in the end she has gradually building up to 10-15 min b4she cracks it. She was more interested in standing and sitting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    My only other suggestion is a carrier where he has to turn his head side to side. Sounds like he can support it just doesn't like tummy time. What about over your knee? Will he do that? Or i sit in a recliner with my legs bent, with his body on my upper thighs and his head looking out. It's like tummy time but not lying down so he is upright. Make sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is absolutely fine in a carrier too sage! I have a baby bjorn and have only face him frontwards so he can hold himself perfect in that! It really only is when he is lying flat on his tummy.... Maybe I don't have anything to worry about if he can hold his head up in every other way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccie I think that sounds like his head control is pretty good. I would keep persisting as he will need to be on his tummy to roll, crawl etc. just don't stress how long it is for. And keep up the other things. Loony may know more about it though!