Closed Thread
Page 40 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lil smurfy sorry sienna was really unsettled my 2 still have days like that where they will cry constantly for a good couple of hours! I'm sure it's nice to be home though

Eko men are creatures of all talk hubby was all keen as well on helping before the babies came then I went about 2 weeks of waking up by myself to feed both and got fed up asked him to help and he complained constantly until last week where I had a huge go at him and pretty much gave him an ultimatum and he budged now he helps sure sometime he complains while doing it but what can you do right

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick post...

Lilsmurfy is your milk in? Tate did that the night my milk came in. Hope she is more settled tonight.

Fel hope Hayden settles and possum cottage helps. What is his corrected age? I have a friend with a similar thing and was told due to corrected age they don't sleep as long but sounds like he is pretty unsettled. Just remember the long sleeps are less common, there are just a few in here who do it.

Toni & Eko thanks re expressing. I had a go. So know how to do it if the need arises

Nila we use green choice here and just half as much. Little man has sensitive skin but the wash seems to be fine. You are doing amazingly can't believe what your mil said. The important question is how are you doing?

Ftm yay for having a mummy friend from Facebook group. That's ace. Does vale like the other bub?

Choccie awesome re getting lots done. Tate had a long day sleep today. 2.5 hours, I napped too first time since he was 4 weeks ish as I have a cold. Hopefully it helps to get rid of it. Glad axle seems to be getting some wind out. He must be really tired to not be feeding . At parents group they said not to worry too much if bubs don't take all formula, difference between bf and ff is that bf mums have no idea if they don't drink much. So they said unless they are not doing wet nappies + very unsettled or extremely lethargic etc not to worry.

Eko is dh working as well? How are you feeling about going back? I can't believe how quick time goes now I'm a mummy.

J how's is the gorgeous Lucy? How's Oscar going? Has his sleeping returned to normal.

Maybe yay for Ava having a longer stretch hope her weigh in went well.

Afm I am going to take a leaf out of lilsmurfy book and come back and edit same post! Okay best go play wth my little man!
    Last edited by SageS; 30-07-2013 at 18:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilsmurf - super cute photo of sienna!! Make sure u post photos in here as well cause I often don't have time to read both pages and don't want to miss out lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eko I've tried a normal pillow, tri pillow and cushion but they just don't offer enough support. I always use a cloth nappy under Ava when feeding, she's had a couple of 'accidents'. Hope you're onto something with the rice cereal and later bedtime for Flynn!

Choccie how does the dream feed work. Do you feed Axle, burp, change him and just put him back to bed? How many mls do you give him?

FTM - it sure is hard fitting everything into the day. Some days are better than others!

Fel so nice that you got 3hrs of straight sleep. How did your 6wk check up go?

Lil Smurfy hope tonight is better than last night. How are you finding breastfeeding?

Hi everyone else, sorry its late and I'm exhausted.

Ava is 4wks old today and has gained 646g in 2 weeks. She now weighs 4.1kg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all just a quick post

I had a little boy Lucas 29/7/13 at 12:40 am 3.7kg 56cm long.
    He is good and only gave me a tare. We finally came home this afternoon so will catch up with you all during the week. I'm going to try catch some sleep while Lucas is happily sleeping. 😊

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1375191003.274640.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    A dream feed is a feed while they are sleeping, at 1030 I pick axle up still wrapped, place the bottle on his lip and he will start sucking while asleep, apparently it's a natural thing to do! You do as little as u can to disturb them so I would only change him if he had done a poo, after he has finished drinking, which varies in Mls, it normally depends on how much he took at the 7pm feed, anywhere from 40-120mls, I then sit him upright, holding his head as he is still asleep, for a minute or two to see if he needs to burp, they take hardly any wind as they are completely relaxed, rarely would I get a burp and then I put him back to bed asleep!
    Hope that is clear? If not I can take a photo of the dream feed info from the book

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lil Smurfy I had a read in the other thread that you had a not so great night. Hugs hun. It's so tough when they're so little and not knowing what's wrong with them
    Vale used to get heaps of tummy aches as a newborn.

Nila, good on you die sticking it up DH. Mine can be lazy sometimes too and needs a little kick up the behind

Sage, how are you and your little man doing?

Choccie, how's Axle on the formula?

Maybee hope Ava let you get some good sleep. Yay for hitting 4 kg's

Loony, he is simply gorgeous

Hi anyone I missed

Great night here! 9-4:30 and them 5-8 :smiledance:

My princess smiling
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1375229129.790337.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (31-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Choccie. I had read and heard the term dream feed but wasn't entirely sure how it was done. We attempted it with Ava last night... But being bf meant unswaddling her and she had a very wet nappy so we changed her before swapping sides. She then did 5 wet farts and dirtied her nappy. So we had to change her again! She settled pretty easy afterwards but it wasn't as easy as the book made out it would be lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gorgeous smile from Vale

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Thanks Choccie. I had read and heard the term dream feed but wasn't entirely sure how it was done. We attempted it with Ava last night... But being bf meant unswaddling her and she had a very wet nappy so we changed her before swapping sides. She then did 5 wet farts and dirtied her nappy. So we had to change her again! She settled pretty easy afterwards but it wasn't as easy as the book made out it would be lol.
    You shouldn't need to unswaddle her just because she is breast feed? She can still feed swaddled. If you are expressing sometimes the dream feed is the best time to give her the expressed milk. Annoying with the wet farts though lol!!!