Closed Thread
Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    👋Thanks for setting this up sage. I'm just subbing for now and will join properly once bub is born. 😃.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Choccie I hope something works soon. I don't have any advice but you must be exhausted

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccie I have a little grunter
    Too. The only thing I can think is that the 6 week mark is a wonder week where they are developing lots
    Of new senses it says that bubs at this age often regress
    And won't sleep unless cuddled etc. having said that this is all out of a book. If your mummy instinct says something is not right then it probably isn't and
    I would head to the drs. Hope today was a better day. Hugs
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.

Choccie how did you get on? How's the little man.

J how are you going with feeding? Does Lucy cluster feed in the evening?

Toni re massage I have never expressed but from what I have done I try to give around the breast a rub as apparently the milk ducts that are likely to get blocked are higher up?!? But don't really know. If you have questions I would ring the aba they have been really helpful when I have had questions.

SwiZZLe how's the little man?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sage - not much improvement, Saturday he did sleep for 2.5hrs during the midday sleep but apart from that its been 30 min naps. We are now struggling to get the wind up for the last two days which doesn't help with the sleeping either :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni - I read on the other page about not enough breast milk by the afternoon... Do you have the save our sleep book? The breast feeding routines in the first 3 months are all about increasing your supply for the end of the day, it may be worth a read? Just a thought

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great idea sage! I was struggling to keep up in the other thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccie I do have the book and have read bits of it. Between feeding and expressing and sleep am struggling to find time to read lol. I am under a lactation consultant at the minute who has me expressing every 3 to 4hrs during the day and once overnight which is pretty much how often River feeds. Its just frustrating because I want to be able to feed her.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone just subbing!!
    About getting all the milk out during expressing the midwives at the hospital told me to always use the palm of your hand to massage and towards the nipple
    I am also one who is expressing every 3-4 hrs my little ones need top ups as the are small and have a little jaundice!!
    I seriously feel like I have huge breasts every time they are on haha!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies What a great idea! It's certainly a bit hard to catch up in the other thread at the moment lol. Firstly congratulations to you on your bubbas! The early days are the hardest whether you're a first or fifth time mum so hang in there .

I've found the Wonder Weeks app has definitely saved my sanity many times. The 6 week fussy phase was SO much easier to cope with, as has been the leaps since because not only does the timing seem really accurate but it's just so much easier to know why he's fussy and inconsolable. I think the biggest frustration for me is not knowing what's wrong and how to help. There really isn't anything you can do to help when they're spurting but provide cuddles and love and perhaps a boob or dummy to grizzle around lol. And seeing the predicted skills appear dead on time is really satisfying too.

As I said in the other thread, Flynn is going through teething, a wonder week AND a growth spurt so my life at the moment consists of cuddles and screaming. But it's honestly not that bad because I know what's going on.
    Unfortunately the vain hope I had that he might be a better sleeper than DS1 was exactly that. He wakes up twice a night for a feed, not including his 10pm dream feed and while that's far better than the every 2 hours without fail in his first 2 months I still feel it every time. He's getting better now though, for the first 2 months I couldn't get him to sleep in his bassinette which led to really poor sleeping for me because I sleep badly when I have a baby in the bed as it doesn't feel safe. It is if you do it properly of course but I still don't like not being able to thrash around to get comfortable.
    That being said, he sleeps around 5-6 hours depending on what time I get him to bed as I have the dream feed in there. So that's a pretty good stretch for a little person I'm hoping to drop that dream feed before too much longer so that I can have a stupidly early night and get a large stint of unbroken sleep myself.
    One can only hope .