Closed Thread
Page 39 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Eko hope you can get your throat situation sorted

Choccie hope netball any well and everything stayed together! Lol!

Toni sorry to hear poor river had a tummy ache Hope she's better today.

Fel what a bummer little Hayden won't sleep. Do you know why he's screaming all night? Poor possum and poor you! I know that awful feeling of no sleep all too well

Sage so glad you liked your mothers group. I'm actually really shy and luckily ended up meeting another mum on Facebook. We walk twice a week now and go for coffee which is nice

Nila I don't know how you do it with all those kids!! Mother of the century you are!!

Maybee yay for those long stretches of sleep! I hope they continue for you

J, hope you and Lucy are well

Lil Smurfy hi

We're doing good. Vale sleeps from 9-3 and then 4-8. In that second stretch I have to get up a few times to put her dummy in but oh we'll. I guess it's better than not sleeping
    Exercise and diet not going as well as it could but ill get there. It's hard to fit everything in the day. It's fricken exhausting

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    maybee - Your little Ava is adorable, she's such a cutie! I didn't use a BF pillow for Flynn. I just propped him up on a regular pillow! Works exactly the same and is cheap and easy. Just make sure that if you use a pillow from your bed, that you put a spew rag or something similar on it first. I lost count of how many times I had to wash drool stains out of my pillow case hahaha.

SageS - I haven't steralised a single thing for Flynn. Not one. No bottles (used for EBM), no toys... Nothing. The midwives at the hospital said hot soapy water and a good rinse is all you need and I took that to heart because I remember stealising absolutely everything for DS1 for 12 months and it took up SO much time. Flynn hasn't even had a case of the sniffles yet, so for me that's proof that steralising isn't really needed.

Nila - I totally agree with the sleep envy, I could slaughter someone for 4 hours straight right now hahaha. I'd go mental at my MIL if she acted as if it was some big thing for DH to help feed our bub. Are you kidding me? He had a part in that too, he can suck it up! Lmao. You're so lucky to have twins, I admit to being a wee bit jealous

FelH - I'm so sorry that you've had troubles with Hayden's sleep At least Flynn wakes up, feeds and then (generally) goes straight back to sleep. So while my sleep is interrupted it's not noisy. Just a few suggestions, have you checked out whether or not he has reflux? Something else to look at (if you haven't already) is taking him to a physio to check out his spinal alignment. A lot of friends with bad sleepers have taken their bubs to get checked out and found out that they have bad alignment and once it's fixed they're a much happier bub. Hope you get some sleep soon!

FTM - I'm jealous of Vale's sleeping habits I know what you mean about the dummy thing, DS1 used to do the same thing. But you're right, it's a small price for a bit of extra sleep. I wish Flynn would take one.

J - Your little girl is so pretty Don't worry about the mummy brain moment, I have them CONSTANTLY at the moment hahaha! How's your little guy taking to his sister?

Sorry if I've missed anyone, my eyes are hanging out of my head so I'm a bit all over the place.

AFM I'm pretty well exhausted BUT we had a bit of a breakthrough last night. Flynn has been waking up every 2 hours from 6pm when he's been going to bed. Last night I stretched his bed time to 6:45, gave him two tablespoons of baby cereal in 50ml of ebm (so that it was basically liquid) and my little dangermouse slept until 10pm when he stirred for his dream feed. Back into bed and he slept until 1am!
    Then he woke up at 3am and 5:30am, but that's far, far better than the every 2 hours and sometimes less that we've had for the last 2 weeks. I don't know whether it was the cereal helping him to stay full for longer or whether it was the fact that he went to bed a bit later but whatever it was I'm not going to mess with it. 3 wake ups is far FAR better than 5-6.

The thought that I could get to the point where he only wakes up once in a night is just... . DH swears blind that he'll happily get up with a bottle of ebm for him when he wakes during the night when I go back to work in a couple of weeks but the happiness will no doubt fade when he realises just how much more often I have to get up during the night than he does .
    Throat is still sore and swollen. That's getting more than a little annoying :/
    Last edited by Eko; 30-07-2013 at 10:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies!!
    Netball went well, everything stayed together (lol) and manage to play 3 qtrs which is pretty good for limited exercise in 12 months!
    I can't remember who asked but Axle is doing ok on the new formula, I'm not really too sure if its making much difference, he still has a lot of wind but is farting now and his poos are runny where before they were hard. That's about all I have noticed!
    This morning he was horrible! He woke up early and I put his dummy back in and went and had a shower then got him up, he cried when I gave him his bottle and wouldn't settle or drink it no matter what I tried he wouldn't drink anymore! He took 40mls and wanted to go back to bed! He was like this yesterday as well but I managed to get him to drink his bottles so I'm not sure if he is going through a growing week? He is 3 months old on Saturday so possibly? A bit weird considering his last feed was the dream feed at 10.30 last night!
    He slept for 3.5hrs in one of his sleeps yesterday, so unlike him!
    DH was very happy as I managed to get a lot day in the day like normal household stuff then I made my own bread rolls, vanilla ice cream and beat some chicken breasts and made snitzel for dinner. I might attempt a lemon slice today, not that this food is very good for my diet haha!

Fel - any idea why Hayden is crying at night? Did u happen to watch the Dunstan baby language?

Eko - I use farex with Axle as well, he was sleeping through the night before I put the teaspoon of farex in but I find it helps him sleep more soundly!

FTM - glad Vale is letting u get some good sleep stretches, are you dream feeding her?

Hi to everyone else, I can't remember the other personals as I'm on my phone :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tresillian and karitane are overnight family care centers run by nurses you go for about 5 nights and they work with you to help your baby for things like feeding problems, sleeping problems, post natal depression and all kinds of baby problems lol and possum cottage is the same but only a one day 9-5 thing.

Eko he's on Zantac for reflux which has helped his reflux symptoms but now he just cries because he wants to be held I think. Ill look into taking him to a physio though that's quite interesting!
    Hope your throat feels better soon. I can't imagine being sick and having to get up for a baby!

FTM I think he's just screaming to be held
    I know what you mean about diet and exercise it's so hard to find the time with a baby. I really need to get onto it soon though before I put on more weight!

We actually had a 3 hour stretch of sleep this morning! He slept from 6.30am-9.30am.. It's not long lol but I feel refreshed!

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday! I'm off to my 6 week follow up appointment with my ob.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a question in between feeds...do any of you use sensitive detergent to wash baby clothes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    Just a question in between feeds...do any of you use sensitive detergent to wash baby clothes?
    No just normal wash... I use Eco wash for the mcn

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do nila but only because I have extremely sensitive skin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccie no dream feed here. We tried it once and BIG mistake! She woke every hour

Nila, we just use normal liquid laundry detergent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Choccie no dream feed here. We tried it once and BIG mistake! She woke every hour

Nila, we just use normal liquid laundry detergent.
    Really! That's weird! That's the only thing that gets axle through the night without waking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My attempt at personals, I'm just going to keep editing this post until i'm done.

Choccie, I hope your netball game went well. Sounds like a great weekend planned.

Nila, your MIL sounds like mine. DH has been doing all nappy changes. He tells his mum that and she asks him why he has to do it. Stupid cow, im not sitting around relaxing, i was bleeding heavily and had tears and stitches, i'm entitled to have some help. He replied that I gave birth and have to do all the feeding, so he's helping where he can.

Toni, that's great that River has broken the 4kg mark.

Fel, I hope Hayden starts sleeping for you soon. I hope your appointment went well

Maybee, that was an awesome stretch of sleep. I hope your appointment went well today.

FTM, don't worry too much about diet and exercise. There's plenty of time to worry about that later.

Eko, sounds like your nights are full on. Hopefully the cereal before bed continues to work. I wonder for how long your DH will be happy to get up in the night, when he realizes what it entails.

AFM, we came home from hospital yesterday. My dad came round straightaway and dropped off a feeding chair he'd bought us. Last night wasn't great. Sienna woke up around midnight and screamed until 3:30. Got her to sleep at 4:00, and she slept until 10:00 (we liked this part). I have no idea what her problem was. DH was getting quite annoyed that she wouldn't just sleep.
    Last edited by Lil Smurfy; 30-07-2013 at 16:16.