Closed Thread
Page 30 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    FTM in case you hadn't noticed I'm so anxious about being a new mum lol. I wish I could trust my instincts more. My sister said exactly the same as you, let her sleep she'll wake if she's hungry.
    Well done on the weight loss and making a new mummy friend. What are you doing for weight loss?

Eko hope Flynn is more settled soon. I don't know how you do it feeding every 2hrs! Bummer about a place for your son, hope something comes up soon.

J I know what you mean about the kitchen. I'm a bit the same. I have trouble sitting still or resting when Ava is sleeping. There's always washing, vacuuming, dishes etc to be done. I have a lot of respect for you women who look after toddlers as well as newborns. That pic of Oscar holding Lucy is so cute. He looks like a proud big brother

Sage I try to prepare dinner in the mornings too. I might have to get a sling or carrier for the times when Ava just wants to be held. Also I'm not sure if I understand your question about being uncomfortable...??

Choccie hope the formula change helps Axle with his wind. That's a long time to be winding him after every feed. I hope he gets some relief soon. Axle looks so cute sitting up in his bumbo, we have the same one

Nila I hope the twins are more settled for you especially overnight. I too am guilty of comfort eating. I baked some sweets and stocked up on biscuits for visitors, but I'm the only one who seems to be eating them. The twins are adorable and growing

Toni I don't know what people did before smart phones either. I'm so disappointed if there are no updates on bub hub to read at 3am. How is River today and how is the thrush? Can I ask how often you have to express?

Another unsettled night last night. Seems to be after her 9-10pm feed she just doesn't want to sleep! And DH had to walk the floor with her at 4am. Today Ava and I went to the shops to buy a birthday present for a friend. DH came home after his tattoo apt and took Ava and dogs for a walk while I had a nap. And now he's on night shift so it's just the two of us overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccie: I have heard of Candy Crush, I may look into it as I seem to get through all my words with friends, fb, bubhub and emails and still have ages to express. Axle is so cute in the bumbo. Hope his wind eases up soon.

FTM: River's pediatrician suggested a pro-biotic if its not the dairy upsetting her belly so good to hear it works.

Maybee: I'm the same when there are no overnight updates or people online that I can message. I express every 3 hours during the day (3hrs from the end of the previous expressing) it takes about an hour. Then overnight I express after I have fed River.
    Hope Ava is more settled tonight. Sounds like she is wanting her play time in the evening instead of during the day. River does that sometimes.

I was very surprised before River was grizzly but I had unpacked our new vacuum earlier today and it was in the way so I assembled in and figured as she was grizzly I would just vacuum the hallway and loungeroom rugs. She promptly fell asleep as I was vacuuming. I will post a photo of her arm in the air in a second haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Post vacuum snooze

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybee you're doing great ! No need to be anxious
    For weight loss I'm trying to eat well. Smaller portions and better choices and exercise. I only started a week ago so started with walking 20-30 mins which I've built up to an hour and I've also started doing the treadmill. Walking for one minute then jogging for one minute for 20 mins ... tough work!! I have a journal in the weight loss section

Toni, the vacuum works here too. I put it in and Vale falls asleep. Haha!! Pro biotic definitely works. Helps their tummies so that they aren't so sensitive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe I wonder if Ava is still hungry? Ds cluster feeds around that time then has a bigger sleep,

My question re c sect is if its normal to still have some discomfort 8 weeks post surgery? I just feel uncomfortable around my scar line from time to time.

Re anxiety you are doing amazingly! If you start to find it consuming make sure you chat to mchn or your gp just to check. I try to take each day as it comes and that helps. I also try not to worry about the house if we are having a bad day.

Toni gorgeous photo. You sound like you are doing amazingly.
    Last edited by SageS; 29-07-2013 at 06:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ftm awesome on the weight loss. I am getting back into walking. Don't think I'm quite up to jogging yet.

Choccie axle is so cute. Yep 12 weeks is the magical age for wind apparently can't wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sage I'm finding I'm in much more pain now at the c section site than I ever was when it first got done. Pretty sure I'm overdoing it though with the exercise. I have zero core strength so have to roll on my side to get out of bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Sage I'm finding I'm in much more pain now at the c section site than I ever was when it first got done. Pretty sure I'm overdoing it though with the exercise. I have zero core strength so have to roll on my side to get out of bed
    Okay thanks ftm. I was told no running to 12 weeks, and to be careful and not do anything if painful. hmmm its hard as i Woule say its more discomfort. I can get up easily but didn't have separation problems. Did you?

J if you are reading along do
    You know if the discomfort is normal as in muscle repair or sign of overdoing it. I know you didn't have a c section but thought you may know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm naturally an anxious person and a worry wort! DH says I worry and think things through too much and that I'm doing a great job. In fact people complimenting me makes me teary too. I can't help the anxiety/tears creeping up on me.

I don't think it's hunger, she's just had a good feed. I think it could be wind. I've given her infants friend before feed. She just goes red faced and whingy but also like she's fighting sleep. It's always at this time of night. I winded her for ages doing the bicycle legs, patting her back, face down on my leg. She did a massive burp and now is wrapped and snoozing on my shoulder. Hope she transfers to bassinet ok... Fingers crossed

Ava doesn't mind the vac going either. Funny isn't it.

Sage sorry I have no idea regarding the discomfort from a c section. I hope J or someone else can help you.

FTM well done on the weight loss. Good on you for having the motivation. I'll go looking for your diary at the next feed time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sage no separation here either. So my ob said.
    Maybee I have to be motivated. I'm sick of being a fatty