Closed Thread
Page 27 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Question - how much tummy time do u give bubs??
    Axle seems to hate it!! Maybe that's because of his wind problems not sure, lucky if he lasts 2 mins without cracking it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A much better day for Ava. She slept all morning. I actually let her sleep but it had been 5hrs between feeds before I panicked and called the maternal health nurse hotline and they said wake her because during the day she should be feeding every 3-4hrs. Whoops! I learnt my lesson.

We try to do tummy time with Ava a few times a day but usually only for a minute or so. We usually do it when on the change table or on her play mate. She doesn't mind it too much.

How does everyone cope with caring for newborn, housework, cooking dinner, no sleep, visitors etc...? I'm so exhausted when DH walks in the door!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Toni I saw the photo of River in the other thread. She's such a cutie!

Choccie, Vale hates being on her tummy with a passion! I haven't done it in days actually ... is that bad??

Maybee so glad Ava is more settled. Vale hasn't done a 4-5 hour day sleep since she was about 3-4 weeks old but I never woke her. Figured if she was hungry she'd wake. Also because she was gaining plenty of weight I never worried. I'm lucky to get an hour out of her at a time during the day!

We had a much better night last night, I made a new mummy friend today and I lost one while kilo in a week of dieting and exercising so feeling pretty good today

Thanks
    Reviews
    FTM - what formula are u using for reflux?

I'm think axle doesn't like tummy time because of the wind problem?

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Eko quick question ... how old is Flynn now?
    Sorry only just saw this, he's 4 months on Sunday but my pediatrician said it would be fine to start with tastes of new foods so long as we go slow and it's literally only a taste after he's had a full BF meal to line his tummy.
    We had one poosplosion and a little gas so I've stopped with the solids for now but we're going to try again in another couple of weeks .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (24-07-2013)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Another quick update. I'm flat out exhausted at the moment because Flynn's hit the 4 month wonder week period. WOO HOO! Not! Sleep regression is awful.
    He normally feeds every two hours during the night and last night he woke up 4 times between 10pm and 12:30. It was nuts.

I'm predicting the same thing tonight but if I go to bed early I won't be able to sleep.

For those that are on the weight loss bandwagon, I'm on that too heh. Although I'm now at my pre-preg weight of 72ish kg, I want to lose another 5kg to get back to my ultimate comfy weight which I haven't been at for over 2 years now. That being said, I'm at exactly the same weight that I was this time last year so I've managed to maintain my weight even with a pregnancy in there. I think that's pretty good.
    Otherwise I'm tired, Flynn is fussy as all get out because of the wonder week and DS1 is going nutty with boredom because we STILL haven't managed to find a daycare center with free spots here. The struggle continues .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Princess sound asleep for a change.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccie: I try to give River tummy time but she still sleeps so much. Will be trying to do more. Saying that she is building arm strength pushing against my chest.

maybee: Glad Ava had a better day. I try not to let River sleep more than 4hrs but sometimes struggle if I'm still expressing. Housework is nearly non-existent here between feeding, expressing, dishes (bottles and expressing stuff) and washing thats all I have time for. I'm normally posting here when expressing.

FTM: Yay for new friend and weight loss Glad Vale had a better night last night.

Eko: Hope the wonder week isn't to painful. That sucks about the daycare center for DS1 hope he gets a spot soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all...

Toni; not much difference yet between a daughter and a son, except dressing her is much more fun! Oh, and she doesn't pee on me when I change her nappy like Oscar did!

As for housework, I have cut down on my ironing, but I am still fairly obsessive about that. After dinner, hubby holds her (she is usually awake then) while I clean the kitchen. I prefer to clean up because I do a better job than hubby...I cannot relax until the sink is polished (I am a bit of a clean-freak). However, I often don't get round to picking up Oscar's toys, so I am stepping on cars and helicopters all night!

Lucy fed last night at 1am and then 4am, but Oscar was up 4 times between then!! (I want milk, cuddles, light on, etc, etc!). So I am very tired right now. I have just put her down, so hopefully I'll get a few hours of sleep. Which is what I should be doing instead of Bub Hub!

J.

Photo of Oscar trying to hold Lucy! I intervened soon-after.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sage, you asked about hubby and formula...he has backed off a little bit, and stopped pestering me to formula feed at night, but he hasn't let the topic go completely! I know he is trying to look after me, but it drives me nutty.
    J.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app