Closed Thread
Page 24 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Go Axle! Awesome sleep from him.

Hi eko nice to hear from you. Hope your health issues aren't too serious. I'm sure your boys do keep you very busy. Good luck with feeding Flynn solids

Ava seems to have a bloated tummy. No poo since midnight last night and just a couple of nappies with skid marks today. Had her first ebm bottle tonight, she took it no problems and smashed down 100ml.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Maybee - he actually ended up sleeping for 5 1/2 hours!! Missed an entire feed but then drunk 240mls when he woke lol!! He was awake for an hour and then wanted to go back to sleep!

We had the same problem again tonight after his bath, the painful cry, I managed to get another 3 burps up, 1 spewy, 2 normal. I also tried extra hard today to make sure all his burps were out so in not sure what else I can do to avoid the end of the day screaming! Hopefully a few more nights and he might be ok?

Go Ava taking 100mls! It's easier for them to drink from a bottle rather than boob so they can drink more from a bottle!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sage: I'm due to return to work in Jan but am really resistant to the idea and avoiding putting River's name down in the hopes I wont be able to return to work until later.
    Wow 2 months has gone fast. Hope Tate is going well

Maybee: I see the bottle feed went well, hope it continues to work for you. Bet Ava's dad will like the opportunity to feed her sometimes.

Eko: returning to work will be rough, are you returning full time or part time? Is Flynn going into daycare or staying with family etc?

Choccie: Awesome sleep for Axle. River seems to burp heaps but still ends up with lower wind.

FTM: Hope Vale is still going well.

J: Hope you and Lucy are well.

Nila: How are you going? Did Abigail settle the other day? Hope Tyler is going well.

LilPetal: Hows feeding with Eliana going?

Swizzly: How are you and Atticus going?

Fel: How's everything going with you and Hayden?

Need more photos of all the babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    River is still very unsettled, yesterday she wouldn't sleep. Then finally at 530 she zonked out. Then slept for 7 hours til 1230. I should have gone to bed but thought she would be up for a feed any minute so waited. Wish I hadn't she then proceeded to have a 30 minute nap at 130am then another 30 at 3am then finally 3hrs at 5am but I only got 2 hrs as had to express. Then she had some happy awake time (See photo hehe) then more grizzles and is now asleep on her dad.

River 21.07.2013.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni - Axle is exactly the same with wind, I am really trying my hardest to get as much out during the day but still seems to build up ... I'm looking at changing bottles to Dr Browns, great for colic/windy babies!
    Axle had a very unsettled night, don't think I'll let him sleep 5 hours during the day again lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni is river in her first wonder week? I can't remember if she is 5 weeks yet but that sleeping and unsettled behavior sounds like a wonder week to me.

Eko oh my work so soon, also hope the procedure goes okay and you are okay. What a lot going on for you.

Maybe I have no idea re expressing and feeding as we haven't done it, I had too much milk to begin with so was told not to express as I would only make more.. So now I am just in the habit of feeding I haven't thought about expressing. I think if you are feeding first and then expressing 20ml sounds like a lot to be getting.

I am due to go back to work next year as well. Need to at some point decide re when and how often etc and to which job as I had a couple of jobs. I am due to go back to study in 4 weeks but will try to start doing some next week to get myself back into it.

Nothing beats watching my dh with ds it's so special watching them play together
    Last edited by SageS; 29-07-2013 at 06:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccie I am going to check out that you tube with dh tonight. Sounds great and yay for axel sleeping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ftm are you returning to work? How's vales sleep going?

Also how are people going with baby weight? I dropped heaps quickly but still have a few kilos left so may need to work at it. Any ideas re feeding and weight loss? I don't want to affect my supply.

J how are you going with dh and the formula/bf?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sage River will be 5 w on Thursday. I think she is mostly unsettled because of the thrush even though its clearing up. Plus the medicine upsets her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni great sleep from River. That's always the way with thinking they'll wake shortly for a feed and then of course they don't. Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight

Choccie hope the change in bottles helps Axle

Sage I am only interested to see if I could express mainly because I have Pink concert coming up and want to be able to go out without worrying. Also as I'm having quite a bit of pain it's nice to give my nipples a break. I have no idea if getting 20ml after feeding is a lot. To get enough for a full feed though means I have to express regularly which could be tiresome. I also realised that I should have expressed when DH fed Ava by bottle last night as I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like my boobs were going to explode! I fed Ava and then had to sit up to 4:30 expressing to make myself more comfy.

Re weight, I only gained approx 5kg whilst pregnant. Most was baby weight so I lost it quickly. I'm now pretty much back to my pre pregnancy weight and hoping with bf I lose a bit more. I need to get some new clothes. I mostly wore corporate wear for work and now I need some casual 'mum' clothes that aren't pjs or trackies! Just some nice simple tops and jeans that fit.