Closed Thread
Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah probably is just the blues...when I had pnd with ds2 I felt a lot worst and was crying all the time...this time I think it's just a bit of time adjusting although I would say I love my kids to bits all the time even when they are being naughty but I can't say the same for dh
    Oh well will have to keep an eye out for pnd again just in case I get worst thanks for the ears though 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilpetal have you tried having her just in nappies that's what the nurses did when I had ds1 cause they get to comfortable although with saying that I has him in the middle of summer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. She was unsettled all day :-( hope tomorrow is better.

J I think the strategy you are using for the kids is good and if it works use it.

Hugs Nila I hope its just the blues and that they pass soon.

LilPetal when I was in the hosp they stripped river to a nappy and put a damp facecloth on her to keep her alert

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni - Ava and River were the same length and Ava was 3040g, so pretty similar sizes. How are you managing without your parents? Is DP around at the moment, how is he adjusting to fatherhood?

Choccie - is Axle still fighting his day sleeps? The professional pics are super cute. We have a voucher to use for professional pics, just need to decide when to do it. What age do you recommend?

Nila good on you for feeding as long as you did. It must have been completely draining on you. I feel for you, I'm struggling with the baby blues too. It's awful feeling so low and crying and not being in control. I hope it passes for you soon

Lil Petal - I've tried covering with a muslin wrap but I just can't seem to be discreet enough. I can't manage doing it all one handed and juggling Ava. I'm sure it's just practice and coordination. How did you manage with DH going back to work? How old is your DD1?
    I also have trouble with Ava sleeping during feeding. We take her legs out but don't want to strip her down to nappy as its too cold. We tickle feet, tickle under chin, blow in her face... It's frustrating

J your strategy for getting Oscar and Lucy sounds good. If it works then you're set.

Afm DH returned to work today. I'm feeling ok about it, night shifts might be a different story though. Ava settled well last night after feeds but did have a big chuck. I'm having trouble knowing if she has finished or not. She will guzzle one side for only about 10mins and then only take 5 -7 mins if I'm lucky on the other side. I know it's not really about how long they are on for but making sure its empty but I just can't seem to figure it out. I'm worried I'm giving her a bit too much and then she chucks it up. Supposed to be going out for lunch today but I'm anxious she'll be due to feed while at the restaurant. We might go after feed and just have a hot chocolate instead. Gotta fly, madam is stirring for a feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybee: DP works from home mostly except when he it out auditing when he could be anywhere in Aus for up to a few weeks. Thankfully at the moment his meetings are in Townsville, this week he has all day tues and thurs. He is away for a week in Aug. He is a great dad but with his disability there are things he just can't do.
    I hope you and Ava cope ok with DH back at work, does he normally help a lot? Can't help with BF advice as I'm expressing. Hope you enjoy your hot chocolate.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPetal View Post

AFM - Having a few issues keeping Eliana awake during breastfeeds. I have tried changing her nappy half way through a feed, wiggling her nose and tickling her, even blowing air into her face but nothing seems to work. Hoping she will be easier to feed as she gets older and less sleepy.
    Hi All

Am reading along but find it hard to post. Lilpetal we had that problem too. Not sure if it will help but the Aba told me to put T down somewhere and allow him toget cold for a couple of minutes So I put him on the floor or couch away from me. He would generally wake up and then we would refeed. We also did the strip to singlet and nappy and change in between sides.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also re PND it is important we all monitor ourselves regardless of if we have had it before.

Mchn should also screen everyone at 4 weeks, but if anyone is feeling down more days than not, it's best to seek help early.

For those that have the blues, hugs,I think you are all amazing mummas and I am glad that we have each other to talk too. Some things we can do to help ourselves is: fresh air (even if its freeZing) sunshine is good too, some
    Form of exercise is awesome even just a couple of laps around the house, eating healthy, coffee with a friend/family member.

Okay best go little man is crying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone.
    Lucy also tends to fall asleep whilst feeding. I change her nappy between sides, jiggle her about, burp her in upright position...whatever I can! In Melbourne it is too cold to strip down to nappy...she would freeze! But at night, it is frustrating.
    I had awful PND after Oscar; ended up in hospital, which was the best thing ever... made great friends, was like school camp! For those of you whose baby blues are "hanging about", please don't be afraid to ask for help. I am acutely aware of possible relapse. Nothing to be ashamed of.

J xx.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybee- I have a really good breastfeeding cover which has really helped my confidence in feeding around others. It's called a Bebe Au laut cover. My DD1 is almost 2. She has been quite naughty since Eli arrived but I am hoping that her behaviour improves as she adjusts.

Sage - I love your tips. I agree getting out in the sunshine always improves my mood

Thanks everyone for your tips keeping Eliana awake. I will try them out next feed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What exactly is a breast-feeding cover? I am not fussed about getting my boobiscles out, but don't like to embarrass others.
    J.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app