Closed Thread
Page 10 of 94 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay she slept the night FTM! Bugger about the constipation though... Are u still using infants friend? Otherwise the brown sugar in the milk works well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,

Wow, lots of pages to catch up on! My phone seemed to die over the weekend, I thought I had lost all my photos od Atticus but I tried a few tricks and finally got it to charge today and turn on!

Sorry for lack of personals, when I can get to a PC I will have a proper catch up I can sympathise with those suffering the blues though, it's horrible feeling like you are all over the place. I had PND with both my other kiddies so I have started medication early this time. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to this time but I felt those same feelings creeping back... Just the very low moments that seem to go beyond being emotional. I kind of feel like I have failed myself, I thought I was so much better prepared this time

Atticus is 2 weeks old today and is now 2.5kgs! He is still tiny but the feeding is going well and we will have him nice and chubby in no time!

Sorry I can't remember who asked (can't go back on my phone) but with little girls and bleeding, my DD had this as a new born but from what I remember it was only for about 2 nappy changes and then it stopped. If you are concerned defintely check with the midwife, it might be normal but it will give you peace of mind.

I love looking at all the photos of the new bubbas, so many precious little faces!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    Yay she slept the night FTM! Bugger about the constipation though... Are u still using infants friend? Otherwise the brown sugar in the milk works well
    Yay indeed! Yes we use infants friend and I just bought coloxyl stool softener to help as every time she poops she screams the house down. Poor possum

Thanks
    Reviews
    FTM: no good about the painful pooing but yay for sleep.

Swizzly: you aren't a failure for having PND at least you kept an eye out for the signs and got something to help. Glad Atticus is doing well xxx

Am really dreading Wednesday when mum and dad leave. They are helping heaps with River and I don't know how I am going to cope without them :-(

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    FTM - it's so hard when you know they are in pain, I really hope something helps soon.

Toni - I think I feel like a failure because I didn't want anything else to take time and attention away from my other 2 children but my moods and all the extra feeding with Atticus means I am tired and short with them and I hate that.
    Aw I feel for you, it's hard when family support has to leave, I had the same issue with my first and I lived in a different state, it was so hard to watch my mum go but I managed. I am sure you will be fine, just take it a day at a time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Swizzly

I hope your on the mend soon. Don't feel bad ... your doing the best you can. You're doing awesome!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe I'm sorry you have been feeling down but I read somewhere today that if your questioning if your a good mom means that you are a good mom! Please take care of yourself and get as much help as possible!!

Hello to everyone else sorry for the lack of personal I'm on my phone as usual and my memory sucks!! Haha

The twins are going well, they have very different patterns to each other, Abby is awake and fussy during the day and Tyler is awake and fussy at night so at the moment I am lucky to get 5 hours sleep throughout the night! I do combo feeding so I breast feed then top up with either expressed milk or formula, but I seriously don't know how long I will last because it seriously takes me forever to feed both and get both of their nappies changed its such a long process!! Dh goes back to work tomorrow so I have no idea how I'm gonna do it cause it's also school holidays so I have both boys and the twins but thank god for my mom!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I was doing ok today. We went to a one on one breast feeding consultation. It was very beneficial and the midwife was very helpful and showed me correct technique etc. I have cracked nipples which is adding to my anxiety with feeding. It just hurt so freaking much! On a good note Ava had gained 135g in just 2 days and weighs more than at birth. We had lunch out and went home to feed. Feeding didn't quite go as well as at the clinic and before I knew it I was emotional and teary again. DH sent me off to bed to nap and I cried myself to sleep. Awoke feeling much better and the tears have stayed away tonight. We had two feeds since the disaster earlier today and I feel much better.

Also re the blood apparently baby girls get what is called pseudomenstruation. We queried it with the midwife today and she explained it's from the withdrawal of mums hormones. It's supposedly quite normal and will go away. We just weren't sure about the amount, it seemed a lot for a little baby. Anyhow our maternal health nurse visit is tomorrow so will see what she says.

Again I apologise for the selfish post. I didn't get near the laptop with the day I was having but will make a greater attempt tomorrow to catch up properly and reply properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccie awesome re axel sleep during the night. He must be almost at another wonder week or in it at 8 weeks old
    Hey. I can imagine the no day sleeps
    Would be particularly frustrating especially with a dd to look after as well.

Toni that sucks re your mum and dad. I remember thinking I wanted to be myself at some point at Around 2-3'weeks as i Was scared I would lose confidence and get used to having my mum/mil there. You are rivers mum and know her best, trust in your judgement.

Swizzle, I think you have real strength recognizing the symptoms of Pnd and getting help early. Sounds to me like
    You are a great mummy for doing that
    And everyone in your family will be better for you being so proactive.

Nila - oh my breastfeeding twins is amazing. It would be really hard to get them into the same feeding routine let alone sleeping. Glad your mum is around a bit longer to help. Especially given the holidays.

Ftm hope vale has a good night, no good re her constipation. Do you think that's what is keeping her awake.

Maybe yay for consultation going well. But Sorry the next feed was Hard. hope they continue To improve. How long does your dh have off work. Sounds like you are doing an amazing job. I had cracked nipples early and they were really painful I hope
    Yours subside soon. Let us
    Know how you are going again tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Swizzly I hope things improve soon, I don't have any advice. Yeah my parents are in Vic and I'm in Townsville, big distance.

Nila I hope you are doing ok. I'm sure you will manage beautifully with all your babies when your DH returns to work.

Maybee I'm glad the LC helped and that you got some rest. Yay for Ava putting on weight.

Thanks Sage, I still doubt myself with River. Hope you and Tate are well xx

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ToniS; 09-07-2013 at 06:14.