+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went back to work 2 days per week when DS was about 9 or 10 months. He was at family day care and loved it. I was able to express at work and he was happy to take bottle. For my son I found it great as he never had separation anxiety. I cried the first day but it was so liberating to be able to leave him.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was the same with my boy, I think most mums feel awful when their first child starts daycare. You're normal!

Most children adapt well though and do things that they wouldn't at home. My DS1 doesn't sleep in a cot or have his dummy there, but I'm having trouble transitioning him to a bed at home! He also eats like a champ at daycare, but is a fussy sh!t at home at the moment. They watch and copy other kids. The carers are generally very experienced with all types of children too.

Don't make a judgement on 2 days though, that's not long enough. It took my DS weeks to stop crying at drop off (I felt like the worst mum), I'd call an hour after I left and he was fine. Now he high fives me and runs off to play

Similar Threads

1. Starting a Family Day Care in Melbourne - where to start
    By kasuni in forum Working From Home
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 07:19
  2. Starting Family Day care
    By GabberQueeN83 in forum Working Hubbers - Employed
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 09:38
  3. Extreme Seperation Anxiety since starting Day Care
    By mishh in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 15