+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I dont think I have changed my view on anything but I have realised how other passionate other people are on things and how some things are apparently a HUGE issue.

With DS, my milk dried up at 6weeks and I just went out and got formula and put him on that....no feelings of guilt or that I was doing anything "wrong". I was standing in the formula section at the shops recently and felt guilty.......I felt like mums pushing their trolleys past me were silently tut-tutting and thinking "breast is best!" ...as I fed my daughter her first bottle of formula I felt guilty...I never realised that feeding choices could be such a big issue to some people.

I also never realised that circ, ear piercing and the such, were such taboo things either. So I guess while it hasnt changed my view it has opened my eyes...if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have.

I was extremely prolife

And now im pro choice

Reading some of the posts on here about it really got me thinking
    Last edited by missymoo9; 26-06-2013 at 19:36.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to missymoo9 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-06-2013),BigRedV  (26-06-2013),Boobycino  (26-06-2013),RobinSparkles  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    lambjam's first mistake???
    Come on, be nice...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I'm far from ignorant thank you very much! It is simply not possible for further information to be presented to me that would ever change my views, ever! There are 2 topics I am referring too. There are plenty of other topics that i am quite open to learning more about and my views may well change on those.
    I don't know why people are giving Kimberly such a hard time on this. There are two topics I am confident I will never change my mind on: smacking and late term abortion for non medically necessary reasons.

If anyone says there are NO topics they will never change their mind on .... then Im calling BS on that.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Auto correct?
    Der

ETA I just triple checked it! It does correct were to we're. Seriously rethinking my Apple love
    Last edited by lambjam; 26-06-2013 at 20:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Actually, you are right VP, I will never change my mind - that bigots are ignorant. Thanks for making me realise it.

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I don't know why people are giving Kimberly such a hard time on this. There are two topics I am confident I will never change my mind on: smacking and late term abortion for non medically necessary reasons.

If anyone says there are NO topics they will never change their mind on .... then Im calling BS on that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (26-06-2013)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. Vaccination.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I once considered asking this very question. I read a couple of pieces in a pop science book regarding personal bias and the impartial debate.

Essentially it argued that people think that they make informed decisions based on impartial evidence but, in reality everything you think is coloured by your current biases. When presented with information that goes against your firm beliefs, you twist it and choose what to take to suit your initial impressions. Or you just ignore it completely.

Naturally, as with any sort of study there are exceptions to the rule, but I do think that it goes a long way to explain how some people can be so utterly set in their ways despite evidence refuting their claims.

*coughvaccinationconspiraciescough*

But yes, in reading through some of the debates that crop up on bubhub, I sometimes did wonder if people changed their minds on the big things.

Personally I've found my mind changed more through experience rather than debate. I was a day care worker so I had a whole list of things I was and wasn't going to do based on what I'd seen from other children - boy, have heaps of those been thrown out the window. But I have read the debate threads and found different ways of looking at things. And I think that's awesome because learning is FUN!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

A hard time? Sheesh, you can't question anything without being accused of being nasty!

You are right though with your last statement. There are some things I will never change my mind on..... Racism and RIC.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Der

ETA I just triple checked it! It does correct were to we're. Seriously rethinking my Apple love
    I know, it happens to me all the time