+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    So that's a "yes"? Gotcha.

There are many issues I feel strongly about, and my views can be quite firmly entrenched. But I acknowledge that it's entirely possible for me to be presented with new information at some point that will compel me to change my views.

The world spins, societies change, and science challenges our definition of "knowledge" every day. To ignore that is to embrace ignorance.
    I'm far from ignorant thank you very much! It is simply not possible for further information to be presented to me that would ever change my views, ever! There are 2 topics I am referring too. There are plenty of other topics that i am quite open to learning more about and my views may well change on those.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've absolutely loved the growth I have experienced as a person - thanks to bubhub!
    You grow up with so many opinions formed by family and peers - and bubhub has helped me challenge those ideals and change the mould I form around my little world

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I'm far from ignorant thank you very much! It is simply not possible for further information to be presented to me that would ever change my views, ever! There are 2 topics I am referring too. There are plenty of other topics that i am quite open to learning more about and my views may well change on those.
    I didn't say you we're ignorant. The context in which I referred to ignorance was very clear.

And I'm glad to read this. When I read...

I am very clear re my feelings and views on matters and they won't change.
    ... I took it to mean all "matters".

I would be curious to know more about these topics which aren't subject to changing evidence...
    Last edited by lambjam; 26-06-2013 at 16:16.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    See that's where I think you and many of us will differ. I have very firm opinions on a number of matters. For example I've been either atheist or agnostic my entire life and am very vocal about supporting not just atheism but anti-theism. However, if I was to be presented with solid evidence that there was a deity then I would be open to re-thinking my position. I think it's really sad when people get to a stage where regardless of any information that is or could be put to them they steadfast refuse to even consider alternative theories/practices.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-06-2013)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My opinions have certainly changed on some posters thats for sure.

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It is simply not possible for further information to be presented to me that would ever change my views, ever!
    I think this is very strange, I don't think I have ever thought that way in my entire life. What is the point of anything if you aren't open to learning new things?

Reminds me of all the doctors who didn't believe in germ theory.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I think this is very strange, I don't think I have ever thought that way in my entire life. What is the point of anything if you aren't open to learning new things?
    I've been trying to get my head around this and have to admit there are topics which I'm pretty stubborn about.

I'm staunchly pro-choice and I can't imagine learning anything that could change that. I believe in equality for women and the same applies there. I'm passionate about legalising gay marriage and euthanasia and, again, I really don't think there's anything that could sway me there.

Maybe I'm not approaching this in the right way?
    Last edited by lambjam; 26-06-2013 at 16:49.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

harvs  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've changed my mind on some things and more importantly I've learnt more about things I had no idea about and I think I'm more compassionate about a lot of things/people's circumstances that maybe in real life I would not have had the opportunity to learn about

I also think that even though there are some things I would never change my view on it is good to read/hear about other peoples different points of view as it gives you a better understanding which it turn opens your mind (and sometimes your heart!) as to why people do/think the way they do

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I changed my opinion on car safety. I thought I was doing the right thing by my DS when he was little and defended my position on it. I was then shown a lot of research and completely changed my mind. I'm now a very big advocate of not just having the right seat so you don't get a fine but for having a correctly fitted and used seat for the child's height.

The re are probably a few othe things but that was the biggest one for me.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Between bubhub and mummy friends I have changed nearly all my opinions at least twice on all subjects regarding pregnancy birth feeding child rearing cleaning EVERYTHING.

Angus 4~6~13, loved - wanted - missed