+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, a few things actually and I'm really grateful for it. The big one that sticks in my mind is refugees, I had the idea that if a refugee had money and was a high business person, then their claim would be false, as they had the money to come here, but have totally 'back flipped' on that assumption.
    Also was pro VBAC (still am) but just pro happy mum and baby (will be having repeat section in 7weeks)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to melissa20588 For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (26-06-2013),VicPark  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Soooooooo much. I think if I didn't have any change views or new information in 4 years on bubhub why would I come back?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My views on certain things have become stronger/more informed since being on here

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    1) SAHM's shouldn't use daycare.
    - shortly after the thread I did a backflip and agree with SAHP's using daycare 2-3 days per week. I can't remember what specifically changed my mind. I don't think I fully considered the socialization/special needs benefits beforehand and after hearing everyone's stories did.
    This for me.

I was very anti, but I've recently enrolled my own kids in CC 1 day a week and hope to up it to 3. I have a business to run, but not one that I need my kids in care for. I realised I couldn't provide everything my kids needed. My DD was being negatively affected by my DS's behaviours (he has ASD, is non-verbal). Anyway, since enrolling them I've been so impressed with the centre and I'm relishing in my 'recharge' time, I don't really have anyone I can rely on to take my kids to give me a break and getting that space has made me a better mum. BH definitely helped change my mind a bit there.

I still don't agree with under 2s in CC unless absolutely necessary though.

BH has helped strengthen my views on feeding. It's been amazing to meet other people who have similar views.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep. I don't want to offend but yes, being on bubhub has certainly changed my view on a topic. For the better

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I've changed my views but I've certainly learnt alot about all sorts of topics.

I've definitely become more tolerant of people who don't do things the same way I do.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

patsmum  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have learnt a lot about general topics.

I do think that those who post regularly are the least likely to be swayed by opinions, they post because they feel passionately enough to put their point forward so their beliefs are more cemented. But for the 100's of hubbers who are happy to read along in the background and may be on the fence or new to some issues are more likely to be influenced by reading healthy discussion / debate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not changed my views, but definitely allowed me to see the other side of a topic more clearly which is great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Have you ever changed your views based on input from others on BH?

If so what was the topic and what changed your mind?
    Not at all. I have strong feelings about certain topics and say what I think and how I feel. If people misinterpret what I'm saying or simply disagree or think i'm wrong that's their issue. I am very clear re my feelings and views on matters and they won't change.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Mathermy  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Not at all. I have strong feelings about certain topics and say what I think and how I feel. If people misinterpret what I'm saying or simply disagree or think i'm wrong that's their issue. I am very clear re my feelings and views on matters and they won't change.
    Not ever? What if reading a thread made you learn more about a topic? Hypothetical example- thread on RIC- someone posts an article and study showing new information- something drastic like hard evidence that Ric causes a terrible disease that is almost certain to shorten the lifespan of circed males significantly. Would that not change your view in circing for non medical reasons?
    I think it's dangerous to be so fixed and inflexible in your views that you would NEVER change them.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (26-06-2013),Mathermy  (26-06-2013),MilkingMaid  (26-06-2013),Mokeybear  (26-06-2013),patsmum  (26-06-2013),saxonrose  (26-06-2013)