+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Certainly have!

When I first joined I was 19 with a 5 month old. That was the start of 2006.

BH has taught me a lot, and provably the biggest change is that I went from "stupid nutso homebirthers... Ain't never having one!" to actually planning one for all future babies.

I also had WLS thanks to another hubber sharing her journey with me. BH convinced me to leave my ex too.

Big things BH played a major role in.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    A hard time? Sheesh, you can't question anything without being accused of being nasty!

You are right though with your last statement. There are some things I will never change my mind on..... Racism and RIC.
    Not saying you, but others have made below the belt digs. You don't have to look to far from here to find one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wikidwitch View Post
    Essentially it argued that people think that they make informed decisions based on impartial evidence but, in reality everything you think is coloured by your current biases. When presented with information that goes against your firm beliefs, you twist it and choose what to take to suit your initial impressions. Or you just ignore it completely.

Naturally, as with any sort of study there are exceptions to the rule, but I do think that it goes a long way to explain how some people can be so utterly set in their ways despite evidence refuting their claims.

Totally agree. I see this all the time on BH. Both sides of every major debate...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Has .bh changed my opinion, to be honest not that much. It has however given a new perspective on a whole range of things. With .bh i would have even given some of these subjects much thought. Now i can see where the other side is coming from more clearly and while i might not agree with their thoughts and I can respect them more iykim. It has certainly helped me understand my dd1 better.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not my views per se. It's made them stronger (anti RIC, refugee sympathy, RFing car seats for as long as poss, pro gay marriage). It's also opened my eyes up to a whole bunch of views that I knew existed, I'd just never heard anyone articulate them or defend them before because I guess they're not people I associate with IRL, or least haven't had discussions with about said topics IRL. I've learned a lot from the Hub though. I admire how others can debate and defend a POV that I agree with without getting emotional. That's something I struggle with.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Not saying you, but others have made below the belt digs. You don't have to look to far from here to find one.
    Given I wrote the majority of responses, I assume you mean me? Certainly I've challenged what she wrote, but I can't understand how it was below the belt. I actually put a lot of thought into understanding her response.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't changed my views on what I have done for my family but BH has opened my mind on respecting other people's choices when it comes to their family.

For example, I am not a co-sleeper. I prefer my children to sleep in their own beds. However, I will defend the rights of a co-sleeper to make that choice for their family. Where before I thought it was the wrong thing to do because I was told that it's wrong.

There are still some things that I will never change my mind over. Like giving coke to a young child. If I can't see any good from doing things the other way than me, then I won't defend a parents right to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Given I wrote the majority of responses, I assume you mean me? Certainly I've challenged what she wrote, but I can't understand how it was below the belt. I actually put a lot of thought into understanding her response.
    Not you lamby. Perhaps I was reading too much into what a couple of others wrote.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've re-read the thread. It was probably me. My response wasn't directed at any other posters. Simply based on a personal philosophy. It perhaps seemed more pointed based on the fact it took so long to finish that several members posters in between me starting and finishing my post.