+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Herb-aholics ... Please help :)

I'm buying a herb garden tomorrow (the outside box part). I've got an amazing ability to kill any plant I touch. But I really want to try. So it will be in my garden that catches both sun and shade . Please help me choose the herbs etc. to plant that have a chance of survival.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also manage to kill everything I try to grow....the only herb left in my herb garden is chives you can't kill chives! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha... Well looks like chives is on the list

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rosemary is hard to kill. Well it survives in my garden and I am no green thumb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've got chives, rosemary, parsley, basil, oregano and mint. All grow really well with minimum looking after. Just give them a nice drink and use good quality compost. I think herbs in general are pretty low maintenance. I'd plant what you are going to use when you cook.
    With the mint, put it in a pot of its own otherwise it will strangle whatever is in there with it.
    I wouldn't plant until spring though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMoon View Post
    We've got chives, rosemary, parsley, basil, oregano and mint. All grow really well with minimum looking after. Just give them a nice drink and use good quality compost. I think herbs in general are pretty low maintenance. I'd plant what you are going to use when you cook.
    With the mint, put it in a pot of its own otherwise it will strangle whatever is in there with it.
    I wouldn't plant until spring though.
    Well they are all herbs I use. Oh man ... I don't want to wait until spring

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where do you live? Is it cold? My herbs from last spring are still going strong except the basil and it does get cold here at night. Just not sure how new seedlings would go in the cold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not super cold. Maybe I should just wait. Thanks for that. It didn't even cross my mind!!