+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    Can I borrow him. Just for a day. Just to see a male in my house wash something straight away.....please

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Hahaha done! He's a rare breed. He'll clean your home from top to bottom.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't get me started!

We have a shoe box next to the front door.... But do you think his shoes go in there?

We have plenty of new toilet rolls in the cupboard (within reach sitting on toilet) & a little bathroom bin (again within reach) BUT do you think he can take off the empty toilet roll, put it in the bin & get out a fresh roll?

We have a laundry hamper at the door of our wardrobe... Do you think his dirty clothes make it in there?

... I tried going on strike once with his clothes, not picking up & putting into the basket dirty ones or putting away his clean ones, all that got me was a pile of clothes that kept getting bigger!!! Hubby likes to call his pile of clothes on the floor his "floordrobe"!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bumblebeez00 For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My df does that of he cooks, "what's this? Where's that? Is that done? How much am I supposed to use?"

Even things that come directly out of packets, he won't just read the packaging, he'll ask me. :-/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh was the same... Until he injured his back and has been home for the past 8 months. After he got the all clear to start doing things again, I stopped doing everything, would come home of an evening, sit on the couch, put my feet on the coffee table and ask what's for dinner. To which he always answers hes too exhausted to cook, thats when I hit him with the 'really? What have you been doing all day?'
    Pay back is a b**** hahah

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD Mumma For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (26-06-2013),Cue  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaNurture View Post
    Haha, your DH sounds like..... Me!!

My DH would probably have the same whinge some days
    Mine too! (DF though)

Hes the anal retentive neat freak whilst I'm not messy, I will leave my shoes lying about, or glasses in the sink instead of straight in the dishwasher.

Hes not so keen on my meh attitude to it. LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hahaha floordrobe. I'm totally using that.

DH has a laundry hamper next to his side of the bed. It's where he gets dressed/undressed every day. The hamper is always empty with a giant flood of clothes swarming around it. I have to climb over the pile to get through our room sometimes.

I have flat out refused to do DHs washing. When I first fell pregnant with DD I told him I'd do his washing while I was on maternity leave provided it was in the hamper, not on the floor. He had 7 months to get into the habit of it. DD is almost 2yo now and I still haven't done a single load of his washing. His mother has though (much to my disgust).

To be fair he's much better at getting the bigger stuff done though, like sorting out problems with the house, and he had bursts of tidy-up-mode that usually result in a tidy garage or cleaned out storage area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    My df does that of he cooks, "what's this? Where's that? Is that done? How much am I supposed to use?"

Even things that come directly out of packets, he won't just read the packaging, he'll ask me. :-/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Ohh isn't that the most annoying thing ever???
    You get to the point where you just wanna kick him outta the kitchen and get it done yourself in peace!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started this thread in jest but after the last 12 hours I'm starting to once again think about how I'd cope as a single mum. I'm so sick of broken promises. As some of you know my DS is a poor sleeper. He wakes frequently and doesn't grizzle but starts screaming straight away. No amount of shushing, patting, singing etc settles him, as within a minute his cries become hysterical and high pitched with breath holding between them. He can be soothed 9/10 times by being picked up carried and will often go back to sleep after about 5-10 minutes. But about 2 to 3 times a week he stays awake for several hours. Consequently I'm suffering severe sleep deprivation. I'm working 3 to 4 long days per week. DH keeps promising to help overnight but doesn't. I also do the lion's share of the housework - I do all the laundry, food preparation (including getting DH's. breakfast and lunch ready daily), most of the washing up, daily door sweep and care for our pets. DH does heat and serve the dinners I prepare in advance and usually does the post dinner wash up.

He has promised so many times to get up early and take over DS care so I can get some sleep before work but in nearly 8 months has done this 7 times. Today I'll be going to work after 3 hours of broken sleep. My work is demanding - I'm a veterinarian. It's a challenge getting 5 minutes to eat lunch during my workday. One of my biggest problems is also trying to leave work on time - if an emergency arrives I have to stay. My last appointment is usually booked 20 or 10 minutes before closing. It's a long day for DH caring for DS too and usually I arrive home to an upset screaming baby and sometimes a crying DH who then gets angry with me if I focus on DS. My job is our main income source. We lost our savings in poor real-estate investments and paying for IVF.

I'm just not sure it's worth trying to save our marriage any more. Sorry to be such a downer - just overwhelmed at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember your last thread about the same issues. Were you able to give any of the suggestions a go?

I feel for you. I know how bad sleep deprivation can be and that's without the added stress/energy of me having to go to work.

I really hope that you can work something out!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Boys Blue For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (26-06-2013),Waggers70  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is my concern with having a son ... Men just seem rather stupid when it comes to common sense ! Everyday I am amazed at the mess and lack of understanding of how to put shoes / clothes etc away !