+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You ladies are making me feel better about my DH!!! He puts his dirty washing in the hamper, cooks most nights and picks up after himself *usually*.

Having said that I cooked a roast tonight and made him clean the kitchen and you'd never believe the complaining about not being able to stack the DISHWASHER!!! I ended up doing it to shut him up lol!!!

I want competent house trained boys and my DS1 is a pro at unstacking and restacking the dishwasher, putting dirty clothes out to be washed, stripping his own bed and cleaning the toy room. I often catch myself almost saying to him "I'm not your mother" like I do to DH but can't say that so it's "I'm not your slave"! He's a well trained 5 year old!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyBee View Post
    I here you all loud and clear......My DH leaves his Soccer bag with wet sweaty socks and uniform rotting and fermenting in the hallway until Sat morn when he washes it and puts it in the dryer.....stinking up the whole house with stinky sweaty feet smell.......... before going to his game, bringing it all home and dumping it in the hallway again. After 10 years together I just kick the bag outta the way and pretend it doesn't exist...... don't even get me started on everything else...............
    My DH does this, it drives me insane. I play too, I manage to get my sweaty gear to the hamper and bag to the cupboard.

I have been "accidentally" forgetting to wash various parts of his kit each week- his socks, or shirt, whichever looks the filthiest. I'm hoping he will get so sick of my shoddy housekeeping skills and wash the blooming stuff himself!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup I totally think they are oblivious to many things.
    I also agree that because I do a lot of it FOR him he has become reliant. He is pretty good at putting his dirty washing in the clothes hamper and he cooks most nights however his biggest problem is clutter/sitting something somewhere and just leaving it there... forever and sometimes has the gall after a few months to ask where its gone Umm well sorry honey but we had to eat using the dining table so that receipt/scrap paper got filed or thrown out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Df is down to two pairs if socks. Not my fault they end up in the bin after sitting in some random spot for a week.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (25-06-2013),Blossompossumxxxx  (25-06-2013),CakeyMumma  (26-06-2013),DaenerysT  (26-06-2013),HugsBunny  (26-06-2013),Maybelline  (26-06-2013),michellek  (25-06-2013),Night Owl  (25-06-2013),SoThisIsLove  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    After realizing DF was dumping his work clothes next to the washing basket, I told him that if he wanted them washed, he had to do it himself or put them in the basket.

Five weeks later....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby has his own room at our place (we prefer to sleep separately). This weekend was the first time he'd changed his sheets in 2-3 months, ewww! :O
    That was only after we actually threw out the closet the clean sheets were in (it was broken) so I handed him the sheets and he finally changed them.
    Where are the dirty sheets now? Screwed up on a ball on the living room sofa with 3 cats sleeping on them!!!

His room looks like a bomb hit it. He does sometimes appear to be tidying it but its just moving deck chairs round on the titanic....

I cook extra tea every night for hubby to take for lunch the next day. The Tupperware makes it home from work but never back into the kitchen. Imagine stacks of plastic tubs on the floor of his room with his work bag. Grr!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inner hippy View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHA I read this a little sheepishly My DH gets so annoyed with me because I can't make a bed properly so he always has to do it, I always leave the empty toilet rolls in the toilet, my side of the room is ALWAYS messier than his is with clothes everywhere and if I leave it too long to do my washing he ends up doing a load (or 4) eeeekkkk. But I always say to him I can't be brilliant at everything so I focus on getting the cooking side of domestic goddess down pat
    Yeah I'm bad with the little things like making beds and changing toilet rolls.

I'll do 4 loads of washing in one day, but leave a plate on the floor from the day before.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must be a man in that case.. DH changes our bed sheets because it takes me half an hour to do it lol
    I sometimes leave the dishes in the sink so I can wash them at the end of the day whereas DH does them right away. As soon as he's done with a plate, he washes it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    I must be a man in that case.. DH changes our bed sheets because it takes me half an hour to do it lol
    I sometimes leave the dishes in the sink so I can wash them at the end of the day whereas DH does them right away. As soon as he's done with a plate, he washes it.
    Can I borrow him. Just for a day. Just to see a male in my house wash something straight away.....please

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    What use to frustrate me with my ex is I would cook seriously amazing meals everyday (modest i know) and then he would be like oh you take the night off....ill cook... so I think wow I can sit down and relax ..... bam. Every two seconds hes calling me into the kitchen "is this sausage cooked?" "Is this 1 cup"

If your cooking why must I check everything...I may as well be cooking

Another thing.....

Ages ago I was going to go on a diet

The day before I was going on the diet i said i wanted to try something different for dinner...
    So he says ill surprise you with a special dinner.....

I was a bit excited. ...

And so so disappointed when I found out it was mash potatoes and sausages.

I was seriously annoyed. My least favorite meal.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missymoo9 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (25-06-2013),IndigoJ  (25-06-2013)