+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Men - what is wrong with them? ??

General rant ahead. ...

Wtf is wrong with most of the male sex? Are they born stupid or is it something they work at?

Dh has just spent 1/2 hour making a bed with a fitted sheet, flat sheet and a doona. Not rocket science but apparently a hard task for those with xy chromosomes. He never puts his shoes away - just leaves them in the middle of the living room. He can't iron. He can't plan a meal. He never replaces the toilet roll. 1/2 our home looks like a bomb hit it as he rarely puts anything away.

I've just sent him out to get me a bottle of wine and if he f@#ks that up I'm going to lose it!! Damn I wish I'd married a housewife! !!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Waggers70 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (25-06-2013),LoCo  (26-06-2013),Maybelline  (26-06-2013),Mokeybear  (25-06-2013),Night Owl  (25-06-2013),siennasyummymummyxxx  (03-09-2013),VicPark  (25-06-2013),~Marigold~  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol!! Maybe our husbands are related!!
    Always finding socks on living room floor. Undies strewn about. He can only cook about 3 things which I've taught him and even then he asks me a billion questions. Ask him to bring something home and he 'forgets'. Won't clean his car even though its filthy! Grr

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 3cats1pug For This Useful Post:

Waggers70  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I want to say yes they are born stupid but don't want to offend mums with sons myself included...

So YES some are born stupid, lazy, selfish and just plain got hit by every branch on the ugly tree!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Born stupid is a tad harsh. Born oblivious maybe! Sometimes I swear they're just completely unaware of what's going on around them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, your DH sounds like..... Me!!

My DH would probably have the same whinge some days

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaNurture For This Useful Post:

angelini  (25-06-2013),inner hippy  (25-06-2013),MrJones&Me  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some (like my ex) just don't pay attention... Because they get away with it and know someone will be there to fix up their errors and pick up after them so why would they bother paying attention to menial things? Ex now lives with his cousin (way lazier and more clueless than any man you've ever met) and ex is nice and tidy and organised and competent at changing sheets...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put much of the blame on my hubby's mother. When he came to live with me after we got engaged he had no idea about washing clothes, cooking, anything practical! His mum did everything for him. Years later he still asks odd questions about things he should know but doesn't cos his mum spoilt him.
    He's called me from the supermarket to ask me what a leek is??? And asked me what a turnip looks like lol.

If I have any sons I'll be making it my mission to teach him all the practicalities of life and how to look after himself.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 3cats1pug For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (25-06-2013)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggers70 View Post

Dh has just spent 1/2 hour making a bed with a fitted sheet, flat sheet and a doona. Not rocket science but apparently a hard task for those with xy chromosomes. He never puts his shoes away - just leaves them in the middle of the living room. He can't iron. He can't plan a meal. He never replaces the toilet roll.
    All my sympathies to you, that all sounds very rant worthy

Just as an aside though (and as the Mum to a boy!), I think it's his parents who you should be ranting to! If he can't do those things it's pretty much because someone has done them for him and he never had to!

All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg! I just had a bit of a tiff with my hubby because his bag is still on the coffee table...
    He does FIFO and arrived home last Tuesday. I've asked him not to leave his bag in the lounge room but he still does!! It doesn't even need unpacking, it's just his laptop!!

When I said something about it to him today he said that there was nothing stopping me from putting it away!

Lazy, oblivious men!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm the same as 3cats - I blame the MIL for doing everything for them.

DP requests an audience to give him an applause on the odd occasion he follows through with lifting the vacuum cleaner and turning it on.

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app