+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I made banana and caramel muffins today, they worked yay havn't got much else done with 3 sick kids the last few days. I made my usual white sauce we have when we have a roast hoping to get the kids involved in some cooking these school holidays, and seen a recipe to make paint that puffs up in the microwave so we'll give that a go, it says to do it on cardboard though wondering if paper would work obviously we won't be eating that but it's still home made fun

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You need to buy my spice blends!!

But seriously my tip is to learn some methods of cooking and basics that you can apply to any ingredients

Like how to make basic soup, casserole, slow cooker, roast etc.

Then some basic fla

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Flavours that work together

From there you can make anything and everything.

A

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ohh, loving this thread! I make most sauces etc. from scratch, but it's fantastic to have recipes/suggestions from people who use them regularly - especially breads etc.

Will add some of my favourite recipes for snacks later, and I'm sure there are some recipes I'd appreciate from others

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We've been trying to keep our grocery budget the same even with our kids getting older and eating more and so I'm getting to the point of everything is from scratch.

My hot-tip is YouTube. If there's something that's too tricky for me to work out just by googling "*something* from scratch" I search it on YouTube. Also basics like how to poach an egg etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm planning to make Lebanese bread, but I keep forgetting to buy yeast for it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been recently making pizza dough which is divine. Mix 1 tablespoon honey and 1&1/4 teaspoons of instant yeast into a cup of water, leave for 10 mins to foam. Add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of salt and 3 cups if pizza/ bread flour. Mix with dough hook in stand mixer for 6 minutes then lightly oil dough and bowl and leave to rise for 1-2 hrs.
    I cook mine on a pizza stone on the highest temp my oven will go. Takes between 6-10 mins to cook depending on how thick the base is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pizza dough sounds good, i've mostly been making snacks yo-yo's, anzacs, muffins, dp made jelly slice and blitzed it haha i will try again next time i watched him haha, will try a red sauce for lasagne this week

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love making potato gnocchi from scratch!
    This is the recipe that I use: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/2446/potato+gnocchi

(I don't bother decorating with the fork, just cut into little rectangles)

I usually do a double batch and freeze one uncooked. Any pasta sauce goes well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    this thread has made me sooo hungry!