+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Also if anyone has a good bread recipe. Mine all turn out too dense. Am I doing something wrong maybe?

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Also if anyone has a good bread recipe. Mine all turn out too dense. Am I doing something wrong maybe?

My mum makes some really yummy bread if no-one has one for you i'll have to remember to post some when she's back from holidays.

so Love the tuna recipes i only use tuna every so often else dp complains lol i could eat it often he's only happy with once a month or so

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    My mum makes some really yummy bread if no-one has one for you i'll have to remember to post some when she's back from holidays.

so Love the tuna recipes i only use tuna every so often else dp complains lol i could eat it often he's only happy with once a month or so
    Yes please

And I agree with your DP, sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been trying really hard with making everything from scratch. Will keep adding as I try them

This is the most recent thing I tried today, easy for a treat if you already have Nutella:

Nutella cupcakes
    1 cup Nutella
    2 eggs
    10 tablespoons flour

Combine ingredients, spoon mixture into muffin tin.

Cook on 180 for approx. 20mins.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Some great ideas here! We cook just about everything from scratch. I find if I'm doing a tomato-based sauce, reducing it really intensifies the flavour. So I add two tins of tomatoes and a cup of stock, then simmer it for a couple of hours until it thickens up. Herbs, olives, brown sugar, red wine, tomato paste, grated carrots, mushrooms, bacon... Anything goes. The meat varies.

Eg for Coq Au Vin I fry off some chicken, bacon & carrot. Add a table spoon of flour, cook briefly, as some wine, cook briefly, as tomato paste,, mushrooms, olives, salt, whatever you like, some stock then cook for a couple of hours.
    Bolognese is the same, fry off beef mince & bacon, grated carrot, a little wine, brown sugar, tin of tomatoes or bottle of passata, veg, herbs & cook until it's reduced.

I also make our own stock from chicken carcasses, carrot etc. we don't use onions or garlic ATM but that's just us, pretty much anything goes as long as you like the flavour.
    Last edited by Gothel; 27-06-2013 at 16:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't find the museli bar recipe! DH always throws out my print outs. It was just from the net though. I tried a few without egg and they were too crumbly. I think I remember it though so might have a go at it this afternoon and post if it's a success.

Beer bread is easy:
    3cups flour
    3 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp salt
    1 can beer + water up to 400ml total
    0.5 cup grated cheese
    Mix all except cheese and put in lined or greased loaf tin. Top with grated cheese. Bake at 200°C for 50-60 min. Variations add dried herbs. Self raising flour instead of baking powder should work. Wholemeal flour instead of plain should work too.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Noty For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really interested in this! My DS loves the oven baked bars, the apple and cinnamon ones. But they are packed with sugar and I have noticed he does go a bit hypo after he eats more than 2 a day. Would love to see if anyone has a similar recipe so I could make from scratch???? I googled it before but all I could find was a lot of apple pies scrolls etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tuna recipes are great, I've been craving it, tuna bake is about all I've done other than tuna from the tin!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post

Rather than edit I will quote.

I just bought wallabies brand bread flour, improver and fresh yeast and made the recipe on the back of the pack. So good. I discovered my mistake though. My yeast was too old and I was using the wrong flour. This new loaf is so light and fluffy. I might try the other recipes in this thread now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh's mum is Italian and her basic sauce is (when she doesn't use fresh tomatoes)
    - onion (1 small or 1/2 medium) very finely diced.
    - 1 clove garlic ( lightly sautéed together with onion+ olive oil, do this on gentle heat, not too hot)
    - 1-2 can crushed tomatoes
    - I bottle tomato passata sauce
    - salt
    - fresh basil
    Simmer aporox 1 hour

You can modify and add meats such as mince, meat balls, lamb shanks (in which case you simmer for longer)